Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Orly Androgynie




Hello dear readers,

Today I have a swatch of Orly Androgynie, one of my new favourite polishes. I think it is from the Orly 2011 Holiday Soiree collection. From this collection I picked up Androgynie and Au Champagne. I will do a swatch of the latter soon.

This polish looks amazing. It is a black gel base with large hex glitter of different colours, small holographic glitter, and what looks to be teeny tiny flakes of gold.

This polish has gotten a bit of a bad rap from several nail polish enthusiasts, as you need to shake up the bottle often to release the glitter from the bottom. The glitter settles pretty fast, and it takes a bit of work to evenly distribute it. Now I LOVE this polish, and I think it looks amazing. I definitely think that the end result it is worth the effort. This polish reminds me of outer space. :D

I apologize for my crappy cuticles, as my hands are all dry right now and not feeling so good. I had to do some swatches anyway, so I hope you don't mind too much. I've been feeling pretty down so the pictures aren't the best, but it is good for me to keep busy!

This polish was a bit tricky with its thickness, and it was a bit bumpy, but not as bumpy as one might expect. A coat of China Glaze Fast Forward smoothed things out! The polish looks a bit less shiny in these photos as I had used a bit of hand cream.

Take care everyone!

-Ashesela

2 comments:

  1. I like glitter in black. Hope you start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, I really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...