Sunday, September 09, 2012

Revlon Enthrall Swatch (and Comparison!)


Good morning, dear readers!

Today I have a swatch of Revlon Brilliant Strength in Enthrall (although my computer tells me that there is only one l in enthral, there are two in the name).  I also have a comparison of that and L'Oreal's Owl's Night.

I had been looking around in Shoppers Drug Mart when I happened upon a new nail polish display.  Unfortunately I do not know if these have just came out, or if they have been out for a while and we just got them in now (which happened with Essie's Luxe Effects collection >.<' along with countless others).  Anyhoo, if you live in Canada and you are looking for this, they should be in new displays. :D

What drew me to this colour was its sultry, rich tone and the golden sheen.  As I am a huge fan of colours like L'Oreal's Owl's Night and Butter London Wallis, I just had to take this one home with me.  :)

Here are some photos, with Enthrall on all fingers except for the ring finger, which I had painted in L'Oreal's Owl's Night for comparison:







As you can see, they are very similar, but not dupes.  I find that Owl's Night is more on the cool brown side, whereas Enthrall is more in the warm olive-brown area.  Both have a similar bronzed look to them, but Enthrall has a more overall metallic sheen to it, where Owl's Night has more golden flecks, but a less rich-toned base.

I think both are absolutely stunning, but if I had to choose only one to keep, it would be Enthrall.

Here are comparison bottle shots:




What are your thoughts on this delectable duo?  Any preferences?

Have a wonderful day!! :D

-Ashesela ;)

20 comments:

  1. Oh that's nice!

    LOL I always find myself shaking my fist at my computer and its spelling!

    I think your computer is correct. We spell it with two L's over here. You guys only use one L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought Enthrall and I think it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Ash! I have Owl's Night, and that's close enough for me! Thanks for the comparison!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jayne: I'm so glad you like it!! :D

    @ JennR: My pleasure!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. great comparison! i think enthrall is my fave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! Gorgeous! I've never heard of this before, I love it a lot, Ash:]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for this post! I almost bought Enthrall yesterday but managed to resist… and now I don't think I need it, since I already have Owl's Night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I really need to get my hands on one of these olive golds; they've been my wish list for a while. Great photos too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both gorgeous but Enthrall just tips it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great comparison post! I think I'd stick with Enthrall, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like Enthrall, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks beautiful! Reminds me of owls for some reason LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty!! I already have Owl's Night so I think I don't *need* this one though. Thanks for a great comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are thoroughly beautiful (I have such a fondness for medium and dark browns), but I feel (at least at the moment) like I'm being pulled more towards Night Owl, because the hue makes me think of all that scrumptious chocolate we'll be enjoying again come Halloween :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh these are lovely! I really like the sheen they have!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ LittleMonsterx14: Thank you very much!! :D

    @ SeeSarahSwatch: YAY!! :D I am so glad you like it, Sarah! :D!

    @ triceratops: Yay I am so glad this post was useful!!! :D

    @ déjà vu: Thank you so much!!! :D I definitely recommend these; they look amazing on the nail!!

    @ Pixie~Nails: Me too!!! :D

    @ Lindsey R: Thank you so much!! I am really glad you liked it! :D

    @ JennaFroggy: I’m really glad!!! :D

    @ Sharra Farivar: I love Owl’s, so I am all for that comparison! :D

    @ Chelsea: Aw thank you!! I am so glad you found it helpful! :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: It really is a beautiful polish, isn’t it? :D

    @ drinkcitra: Me too!! :D!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great comparison! I have Owl's night, but haven't worn it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't seen this type of Revlon, which I guess is good because I totally would've picked it up! I have Owl's Night and probably don't need both...as gorgeous as they both are.

    ReplyDelete
  19. whoa whoa whoa how did I miss this post before? This polish is awesome! I haven't seen the brilliant strength line anywhere yet, but I know I need this one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ Meredith Anne: I love that one!! :D I hope you like it! :D

    @ Amanda: I'm suprised that it wasn't available where you are yet, since Canada usually gets releases later than the USA

    @ Fitzy: I'm so glad you like it!! :D I highly recommend it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...