Thursday, September 06, 2012

Zoya Gloss Collection


Good morning, dear readers! :D

Today I have swatches of the fall Zoya Gloss collection, which is comprised of three delectable jellies.  For the swatches that follow, I cannot tell you exactly how many coats were needed, as I don't remember.  On most blog posts that I have seen about these polishes, they say around 4 is good.  These are VERY sheer.

From left to right we have Paloma, Katherine and Frida.



First up is Paloma:




Next up, Katherine.  I should have done another coat, but I didn't realise it until I took photos.  Also, I don't know what's up with that weird shine on my middle nail in the second pic:




Last but certainly not least, is Frida:





What do you think of these?  I absolutely love jellies, and so I really enjoy these.  The only problem I find is that in order to get them as opaque as you see above, there had to be a lot of polish on my nails, and it takes a loooong time to dry.  So I ended up denting them right after.  >.<  I would have to say that Katherine is my favourite, with Frida bringing up second place.  Paloma is quite lovely, but I prefer the other deeper shades.  More mysterious! ;)  I also think that Paloma is more summer, and Katherine and Frida are more autumn-esque.  What do you think?

I hope you have a wonderful day!! :D

-Ashesela

19 comments:

  1. I agree entirely but I'm not as big a fan of jellies. VNL bothers meeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful jellies! Aw it sucks when they get dented! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Frida and I'm having fun playing with it, layering and such :) I've been thinking I need Katherine. Speaking of which, that light in your second picture is a...phantom. :o

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are pretty, I am just not a huge fan of jellies..I can't stand VNL on myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not fond of wearing jellies on their own because VNL drives me insane. I love jelly sandwiches, though! :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty colours - I think for me to wear these I'd have to do jelly sandwiches over an opaque base of similar colour. I think that'd look pretty neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely lovely on you but yeah, the dry time would make me nuts :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have these coming to me this week, and your swatches make me super psyched for them! Good to know about the dry time...I will have to plan out wearing them when I have the time to spare for drying. I love Katherine too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love jellies! I don't think I'd be able to deal with the dry time though :( But for glitter sandwiches, they'd be great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think they all look cute, Frida especially! I tend to like jellies more on others than on myself though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only reason I would be interested in these is for jelly sandwiches, not wearing them on their own. But the dry time is what really worries me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are very pretty, especially Paloma :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Sharra Farivar: I find that a lot of people feel the same way as you. : )

    @ drinkcitra: Yeah!! XD I hate that so much. It’s all like “squiiiishhh”. Bleh! XD

    @ Liesl Guiterrez: AAAHAHAHHAHA!!!! XD You are awesome. XD

    @ Meredith Anne: I hear ya. I personally like ones that do that, but it is nice having the option.

    @ Tess: Jelly sammiches are awesome!! :D

    @ MariJo: I’m so glad you like it! :D

    @ Julie: Ooo it really would!! :D

    @ Amanda: Aw, thanks so much Amanda!! :’D I completely understand!!

    @ Maribeth: YAY!!! :D I am so glad you liked my swatches!! :D I am looking forward to seeing yours!

    @ LabMuffin: I’m glad that you like them too! :D Yeah, I definitely need to try them with glitter. :D

    @ LittleMonsterx14: I am so glad you like them!!! :D

    @ Chelsea: I totally hear ya. I personally love jellies, but they are not for everyone. : D

    @ ChiChi: I tend to rush things, so it may be better for you if you use them. I also globbed a LOT of polish on, lol!! XD

    @ My Nail Polish Online: I am so happy that you like them!! :D!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These hues are marvelous. I've always been drawn to dark (but not necessarily goth approved dark) colours like these, which make one think of nippy autumn evenings and elegant Victorian velvet gowns.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so excited about these! I plan to sammich the pants off these polishes--it's great to see some deeper, autumn colours with this pretty, jelly finish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these. I have them, but haven't even considered wearing them alone, I always just turn them into jelly sammies :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful swatches! I love the juiciness of these :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...