Thursday, November 15, 2012

Mysterium Yukimarimo


Good afternoon, dear readers!

Today I have another Mysterium polish to show you: Yukimarimo.

From wikipedia, here is the definition of yukimarimo: "During a storm on the Antarctic plateau the humidity is higher than normal. After a storm, the temperature rapidly drops and due to the excess humidity,hoarfrost forms on the surface of the snow. At these low temperatures, electrostatic attraction between the rapidly formed ice crystals is high due to growth charging during formation. When a light wind blows after the formation of this hoarfrost, the hoarfrost breaks apart and the frost crystals clump together and stick due to the high electrostatic attraction and subsequent fusing of the ice crystals, and tumble across the snow in a manner similar to tumbleweed.[Ref 3] The sizes of the yukimarimo range from a few millimeters to several centimeters in diameter.["

The shimmer represents fine particles of snow being blown about, the big hex glitter represents yukimarimo, and the smaller hex and square glitter represent normal snow flakes.






This is two coats over another polish (I can't remember what I used for a base >.<;).

What do you think of Yukimarimo?

Have a wonderful day, my friends! :D

-Ashesela

12 comments:

  1. I love how the semi-translucent, white glitter looks *just* like drifting, blowing snow!! Seriously, another perfect name. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! This would look beautiful over so many things. I want it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mwa!! I want! This looks just fabulous on you my dear ;)

    Sarah
    http://crazedandcaffeine.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!!! I found you on the blog hop :) Love all your nail polish posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Elizabeth: :’D Thank you so much!!!!!

    @ Harriet Lockett: Aw, thank you so much!!! :D

    @ Amanda: YAY!! :D Thank you!!

    @ Sarah: Aw, why thank you so much!!! :D

    @ GoingtotheShowing: Ahahah!! XD Thank you!! :D

    @ jennycute: Thank you so much for visiting my blog!! I am following yours now :D!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like it - and again (much like with hoar frost), love the name. It reminds me of the pattern and (internal) flakes one sometimes sees in certain types of dark granite counter tops.


    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's pretty awesome! The polish is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Jessica Cangiano: Thank you so much!! :D Oh I LOVE granite counter tops!!!

    @ drinkcitra: Thank you so much!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Meredith Anne: I am so glad!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...