Twinsie Tuesday - Oldest Polish

Tuesday, November 27, 2012


Good afternoon, dear readers!

Today is Twinsie Tuesday!!  Today's theme is "Oldest Polish".  So for this I had to go with an orange number by Cover Girl (from years ago!).

Here it is: Cover Girl Nail Slicks in Citrus Punch:

DSCF6914
DSCF6912
DSCF6910
DSCF6908

This is an extremely sheer orange that has a pink shimmer in it.  I actually really like it, despite it being orange (one of the worst colours I can possible wear!).

I am wearing about 3 or 4 coats over Revlon Popular, as I had Popular on and was too lazy to take it off before applying Citrus Punch.  XD

I kinda wish I still had my first nail polish I ever got to show you.  It was a glittery red in this type of bottle, from the 1990's.  I was still a kid, and it was in a pharmacy that was in the same building as my doctors office.  I kept seeing it, and I begged my parents for it, and they got it for me.  :D  Ahh, memories!! :D

This Nail Slicks was given to me by my sister.  It was in her collection, which she awesomely gave to me when I was starting to be extremely enamoured (*cough* obsessed *cough*) with nail polishes.  :D

What is your oldest bottle of nail polish?

Don't forget to check out these awesome Twinsies:

Amanda at Amandalandish
Anna at Going to the Showing

Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch
Tara at Polishy of Truth 

Have an awesome day!!

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Cool post! I love how bright it looks on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment I think my oldest bottle is about five years of age. When we moved back to Canada from Ireland in 2006, I didn't bring any breakable cosmetics with me, so I began my (very modest sized) polish collection back up after that, and know the first few bottles are long gone, but this I have a Sally Hanson and a Revlon that are both about half a decade old now.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple bottles of polish from about 7-8 years ago, but this one looks like it could be older than that!

    gl0ssi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your CG was worlds better than mine! But I like orange, so it's all relative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This just looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My oldest bottle of polish would have to be some random ones from Shoppers. My best friends mom worked there and she always brought home new polishes! I can't remember the names of any of them now though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fantastic on you! LOL, my mani for tomorrow is a triple layer experiment because I was too lazy to take of the base color ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a really fruity-juicy color...
    I'm so mad at myself - about one year before I started polishing my nails again after many years without polish - I threw away all my polishes, some were from the 60'es, it could have been so fun to have them today...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love older nail polishes! My first one is Artmatic Peacock Blue that I got... early 1990s? When I was too young to wear blue polish but that never stopped me, lol! I still have it, but it's a little past being anything Seche Restore can help with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Meredith Anne: :D

    @ Norelis Ocasio: :D I like it too, which is surprising since oranges are usually a no-go for me.

    @ Shannara: Thank you!! :D

    @ Liz: Thank you very much!! :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: You lived in Ireland??!!! THAT IS SO COOL!!!!! :D

    @ LittleMonsterx14: Thank you!! :D

    @ gl0ssy: I don’t even know how old this one is hahahha. XD

    @ Amanda: I love how we both used CG’s!! :D

    @ GoingtotheShowing: :O Thank you so much!!! :D It is so weird to hear that about an orange polish! :D

    @ OPI Addict: That is so awesome!! I want people to bring me home random polishes too!! XD

    @ ChiChi: Ahahahha I’m glad I am not the only lazy one this week XD!!

    @ Marias Nail Art: OH NO!!! What a shame!! That would have been so cool if you still had them!! :D

    @ drinkcitra: Thank you!! :D

    @ Lindsey R: Woah that is awesome!! A shame that it won’t re-constitute, that would have been so cool!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really beautiful orange!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D