Tuesday, August 27, 2013

OMG Nail Strips Review

Good morning, dear readers! :D

A little while ago I was contacted by OMG Nail Strips, and asked if I would like to try out their product for a review.  I said yes, and chose the Red Snowflake design (as I love winter and Christmas!! :D).


Each pack comes with 14 nails strips (2 each of 7 different sizes).


The instructions are very clear, and easy to do:


Now I didn't follow all of these directions.  I basically softened my cuticles, pushed them back, then skipped the moisturizing stage and went straight to applying these stickers to my dry nails.

This is a slightly different application method, where you use nail polish remover lightly on the strips to better adhere them to the nails, but I went with the instructions I received with the strips.

While it took a bit for me to get the hang of applying these (I have never been that good at using nail stickers), I found them to be really easy to use!!

Unlike a lot of nail strips on the market, these are very thin and are very flexible.  As you can see in my photos below, I accidentally stretched the first strip I put on (on the ring finger), and I also accidentally got some ink stuck to the strip before using a top coat (calligraphy-related).  This is them right after application:




Here is what they looked like on day 4:




I did not touch these up (they don't say that you have to on the package but I find that if you keep touching up your top coat these can last a lot longer), and I know that they could have stayed on for several more days.  I only wore these for 4 days because I love changing my nail polish, and was craving something new.

I wore these strips while rinsing out my hair dye, doing dishes, hand washing, bathing, etc....

Some of these were too big for my nails, so I had to trim them down.  Trimming them was so easy!! :D

I have to say that I was really impressed with these strips, and I would definitely wear them again!!  I have never been a huge fan of nail strips because I usually found them to be a bit tricky (and thick!), but these were almost a dream to apply.  Because of the thinness and elasticity of the strips, there was barely any buckling (except at the tips), and when it did buckle I could smooth it down significantly.

If you are interested in using any nail strips, I really recommend these!! :D

OMG Nail Strips are currently on sale for 4 packs for $20.00
You can find the OMG Nail Strips Facebook page here.

Have you used any of their products before?

Have a wonderful day!! :D

-Ashesela

8 comments:

  1. What a nice review! These nail stripes have such a cute design too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great!! They seem a lot simpler to use than most nail strips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad you posted about these nail stickers, dear gal. I was thinking recently about whether or not to paint my nails for Calgary, and was veering towards not, because I know I'll be using my hands a lot and that I'd be lucky to get a couple of days out of a mani, but seeing how well these stickers still look on day 4, they might just be the way for me to go. The wheels are turning! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Lisa N: Thank you very much!! :D

    @ Marisa: Thank you so much!! :D I found that they really were a lot easier!

    @ Jessica Cangiano: Hehehe glad I could be of help!!! :D These are my favourite strips that I have used to date, much easier to use than the thicker ones out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! These look great! I recently tried these strips out and was very impressed with them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo love nail strips! And love your blog too!
    Just started blogging.. Could we do a follow for follow? :)
    www.nailsrighthere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ drinkcitra: I am really glad that you liked them too! :D I found them so much easier to apply than the other ones I have tried!

    @ Rupali: Thank you so much!! :D I am following you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Rupali: EDIT: I meant your blog, not you personally XD That just sounds creepy haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...