Sunday, August 25, 2013

Yay Fun Weekend


Good morning, dear readers! :D

I hope that you have been having an awesome weekend so far!

Yesterday I was able to go into town and visit some friends that I hadn't seen in over a year.  We went out to a bar and we stayed there until closing time (after 2 a.m.!).  I think I got home at around 3 in the morning, so I was really tired when I got back XD.

While it will be a bit for me to have another nail-related post (I am currently reviewing some nail strips so I am waiting with them on my nails to see how long they last), I wanted to write something for my blog, as I have been really busy this past week.

Question: do any of you lovely people know of some good cruelty-free sunscreen?  I have the most finicky skin ever, and every sunscreen I use breaks me out :(.  I want to wear protection but I can't seem to find something that doesn't cover me in blockages the day after.

I wish Lush made a sunscreen!  I cannot believe how many products I use have been replaced by Lush products!  (Little did I know when I entered that Lush store at the beginning of the year that I would get a full-blown Lush addiction.)

I found an interesting article about some common beauty myths.  I have read elsewhere as well that you don't need a cream specifically for the eye area, which is great.  I am huge on skincare, but there are so many confusing aspects of it for me.  For years I had the notion that more expensive = better for your skin, and that is not always the case.

I really need to quit smoking again, and this time to try and stay on a diet and not replace cigarettes with food.  I can't believe that I have been a smoker for 15 years already O_O!!  Uuugh!  The last time I quit smoking I went for about 5 months, but started smoking again after gaining weight.  I have an electronic cigarette, but to be honest it doesn't have the same throat hit as an actual cigarette, so I don't use it as much as I should.

Oh!  I also got the new Lush Times in the mail a couple days ago.  To all of you fellow Canadians, they are bringing back Let the Good Times Roll permanently (well, as permanent as Lush products can be XD).  A kettle-corn inspired face wash would be amazing for the autumn!!!  I can't wait to try it! :D  I also wanted to mention that that was the only new product listed in there, as the fall and winter collections are not listed.  I hope that they bring back Ghost shower gel for fall (lily-scented shower gel?  Yes please!).  So while this issue isn't as product-oriented as I would usually prefer, it does have some super awesome articles about recycling, bee-keeping, bullying and other subjects.  I definitely suggest giving it a read if you get the chance.

Anyway, I wanted to check in and I hope that you have a super great day!! :D

-Ashesela



5 comments:

  1. So excited about Lush's upcoming collections!
    Which bar did you go to downtown? :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ OPI Addict: Me too!!! :D We ended up going to one in Bells Corners, I think it may have been the Cock and Bull? There were a bunch of pool tables in it XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend :D Mine's been pretty mellow lol
    hmm I wish I knew a cruelty free sun screen for you!
    Good luck with your journey to not being a smoker! I can only imagine how hard it is to quit <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you my fellow sensitive skinned gal. Sunscreens have often troubled me, too, but I've had good luck so far with this one (it's scent-free, which I always find makes a big difference with how my skin reacts to nearly any beauty product): http://www.californiababy.com/no-fragrance-spf-30-sunscreen-lotion-2-9-oz.html

    Way to go on wanting to try and quit smoking again! That's awesome and I wish you the utmost of success.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ drinkcitra: Thank you so much, I really appreciate your encouragement so much!!! :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: Thank you so much Jessica!! I really appreciate the suggestion, and the encouragement!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...