Monday, September 16, 2013

Born Pretty Store Acrylic System and Acrylic Heart Mold Review


Good morning, dear readers!

Today I have a review of this acrylic system sent to me by Born Pretty Store, as well as this cute heart shaped acrylic mold. :D


This set comes with two brushes, a glass dappen dish, 3 pots of acrylic powder (one in clear, one in pink, and one in white), and a generous sized bottle of acrylic fluid.



The brushes are perfect, the dappen dish is so handy (I was using a shot glass before), and you have a lovely amount of fluid and powder (but be aware the the pots are only half full).





Now onto the acrylic product itself:

It dries very clear and the powder is a very fine grit, so it is very smooth.  The only issue I have with this product is that I find it dries SO fast.  Like, really fast. O_O

I will be the first one to admit that I am a complete amateur for acrylic nails, so while I have had some problems with the product drying really fast, I am sure that for an experienced nail artist this can be a very good thing.

I think that this product would be great for artists who like to sculpt flowers and similar objects, as it dries really fast so it would be easy to build up the design.

This is also perfect for acrylic molds, since it dries in record time!

So while I am inexperienced and cannot give the most accurate review on using this product, I do not think that it is a bad product at all, just not something that I can effectively use to make a full set of acrylic nails.  Nail art?  Definitely!  A full set of nails?  Nope.

Here I tried to do a set of nails using just the clear pink toned powder (with no false tips, you can see where my nails end here).  I am not good at doing acrylics yet, so there are a lot of bubbles and unevenness, but I wanted to show you how crystal clear the acrylic is :D.  ALSO!  For some reason I got some discolouration stuck to the top of the nails (not from the acrylic, from something else) and I couldn't get it off :( :




Here is the super cute 3D acrylic mold:



Once again the acrylic molds are wonderful! :D  I would love to have a full set of these, as they allow you to create 3D nail art shapes in a flash.

Simply pack it full with the mixed acrylic powder and fluid, and wait for it to dry.

Trim around the shapes, and there you have it! :D

Here is a mani I did over the acrylics:




I used the white acrylic powder for the hearts. :D

So overall I LOVE the acrylic mold and I do really like the acrylic set, I just will use it for nail art instead of full manicures since I cannot work fast enough to use it well.

Don't forget to use the code CBJ61 for 10% off of your Born Pretty Store order (they have so much great stuff on their website! :D)

Have an amazing day!!

-Ashesela




8 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing! I wont the same ;D The photos are magical!

    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Aw you are so sweet!! :'D Thank you!! (I used nail molds muahaahahaha!!)

      Delete
  3. How fun! I've been interested in acrylic, but am definitely intimidated by it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit it is a lot of prep work, but it is really fun!!! :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...