Lush Dream Cream Review

Thursday, September 05, 2013


Good morning, dear readers! :D

Last week I was able to stop by Lush, and I picked up a Rock Your Body kit (quick review here).

Inside was a 45 g pot of their number one seller... Dream Cream!


Here is a description from their website:

"OUR MOST GENTLE CREAM FOR TROUBLED, SENSITIVE SKIN

Our number one, best-selling product of all time, Dream Cream contains every ingredient nature makes for soothing sore skin. One of our proudest product achievements ever, we love this body lotion because it makes people happy. It transforms suffering bodies into states of peace with our calming blend of oat milk, lavender and chamomile to care for irritations, reduce redness, and banish blotches. Olive oil and cocoa butter are perfectly suited and incredibly effective for dry or chapped skin, and especially gentle for even the most sensitive types. Do your skin a favor, treat it right with Dream Cream." - Lush.ca

This product retails for $26.95 CAN for 240 g.  I can see this lotion taking a while to use up, since you do not need to use very much at a time.

I always loved the name of this lotion, but did not make a plan to purchase it, as I was already so happy with my Sympathy for the Skin.  I also have a charity pot to use up.

When I opened the tub and smoothed some onto my skin, I was immediately impressed by the soft, herbal fragrance.  It reminds me of Angels on Bare Skin, but somehow nicer.  I LOVE the scent of Angels, and I think that these two products remind me of one another because they both contain tea tree, lavender, chamomile, rose, and benzoin.


Here is the list of Dream Cream's ingredients:

Oat Milk (Avena sativa) , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Glycerine , Stearic Acid , Triethanolamine , Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin) , Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia) ,Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida) ,Cetearyl Alcohol , *Geraniol , *Limonene , *Linalool , Fragrance ,Methylparaben , Propylparaben

The texture of Dream Cream is absolutely lovely!  It is a thicker and more rich lotion than Sympathy, and it moisturised my skin very well.  While it does leave a greasy feel initially, it does sink in after a while (Lush suggests using one of their dusting powders (even the Coconut deodorant powder!) over freshly moisturised skin, to help make it feel less greasy while the lotion continues to make your skin all lovely! :D).  I have tried it both with and without powder, and found it to moisturise both ways.

While I am sure that I would have gotten around to trying this cream eventually, it was never high on my To Try list.  I am so thankful that I got this little pot, because how wrong I was for wanting to wait!!  This is now a favourite of mine (another one?  Lush, you will take over all of the bath and body products I use!), and I definitely can see myself buying a pot in the future.  :)

While I have used both Sympathy for the Skin and Charity Pot on my hands (which are by far the driest part of my body), Dream Cream blows the skin soothing and moisturising capabilities of the others clear out of the water (and that is saying a lot, since I really, really, really love Sympathy!!).

Thank you Lush for creating yet another fabulous product!! :D

Have you tried Dream Cream?  If so, what are your thoughts?

ALSO!  I have made a Facebook group called Lush Cosmetic Lovers for anyone who (like me!) is a wee bit obsessed, and enjoys sharing tips, reviews and general chatter about the lovely Lush products!!  If you are interested, please feel free to join!! :D

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Sounds like a great cream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why Lush, you had me at "troubled, sensitive skin"! :) Seriously though, that does describe my epidermis pretty darn well, and I'd be willing to try this product on the merit of that statement alone. Thank you for the lovely introduction, dear Ash.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Lisa N: It really is!!! :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: My pleasure, Jessica!! :D I heard that this cream helps a lot of people. If you get the chance to try it out, I really hope that it works for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review! I got this in the Rock Your Body kit too, I need to start using it :)
    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review. I have been meaning to pick up a few things from lush. This sounds like another wish on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really sounds like a great cream :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ OPI Addict: I'm glad you have one too, they are such awesome little kits!! :D Are you as pumped for the holiday items coming out next month?? :D

    @ Lizzy O: Aw thank you so much!! :D I hope that you thoroughly enjoy everything you get from there (their products have replaced almost all other ones in my bath and beauty arsenal!! XD)

    @ drinkcitra: It is just so lovely!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D