Lush Ro's Argan Review

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Good evening, dear readers! :D

Today I have a review of Lush's Ro's Argan Body Conditioner.  (Be prepared, this is going to be a long post!!)


This product was imagined by Lush's Rowena Bird, who upon showering thought to herself "what if I made a conditioner for the body, like we use in our hair?".


I am SO glad she thought that, because this is (without a doubt!) one of the best Lush products (and body products in general), that I have ever tried!!


The funny thing is, I don't know how long it would have taken me to try this, if it wasn't for my lovely friend Robyn, who gave me a sample of hers.

As I have said in previous posts, I have never really been big on floral scents before Lush.  I would usually go for the spicy and gourmand fragrances, and found florals either to sweetly stuffy or just plain cloying.  But after being introduced to Lush and their real floral essential oils and absolutes, I cannot seem to get enough of them! :D

They use the real stuff, my friends! :)

How you use Ro's Argan is up to you, but what is suggested is turning off the water in your shower, slathering on this juicy and lush cream, and after rubbing it into your skin, letting it sit for a few moments before showering it off.

As I usually take baths, I stand up (carefully!) after I am almost done, rub this baby on, and then slip back into the water quickly to rinse off any excess.  (My friend doesn't even rinse it off, she just pats herself dry and is good to go!)

Pat yourself dry and be prepared for some seriously smooth skin!! :D

Here is a list of what Ro's Argan contains:
Fresh Spring Water (Aqua) , Glycerine , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis)Cypress Leaf Infusion (Cupressus sempervirens) , Brazil Nut Oil (Bertholletia Excelsa) , Vanilla Pod (Vanilla planifolia) , Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Stearic Acid , Argan Oil (Argania spinosa) , Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma Grandiflorum) ,Fragrance , Triethanolamine , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) ,Goji Berry Decoction (Lycium barbarum) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens) , Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum) , *Limonene , Cetearyl Alcohol , Citronellol ,Coumarin , Geraniol , Methylparaben , Propylparaben
(Taken from the Lush.ca website)

So, we've got some glycerine, almond oil, brazil nut oil, vanilla pod (yay... love vanilla!), cupuacu, shea, and cocoa butters, rose absolute, argan oil, geranium and lemon oils, essence of goji berries and cypress leaves... talk about fancy!

Lalalalaaaaaa... so happy with this!! :D  Seriously, I could sing about it! XD

One of the things that really made me want to try the sample Robyn gave to me was the look of her skin.  She frequently wears t-shirts, and I noticed that her arms had an amazing sheen to them.  Not a greasy or oily sheen, but a "wow-that-is-the-most-healthy-looking-arm-skin-that-I-have-ever-seen-O_O!" sheen.

After only a few uses of this, my arms started getting that glow too!!!!! :D

I started using a loofah with my baths (I know they can trap germs but I wash mine out and rinse it after every use, then hang it to dry), and in combination with the Ro's Argan, my arms have never been smoother!! :D

I used to use Lush's Buffy body bar (which is amaaazing!), but it was too rough for my sensitive skin and left some broken blood vessels (my own fault, I shouldn't have scrubbed away so diligently with the bar on my keratosis pilaris).  However, using Ro's and the loofah, my keratosis pilaris is definitely going down!! :D I seriously could not be happier with this!!

Now I know for a lot of people the initial price of this can be a bit high (including myself), but to be honest you really don't need to use a lot of it.  I read a lot of reviews of people getting only 6 or so full body applications out of one pot, and I know that to get awesome effects your *really* do not need to use that much!!!

My first sample was as big as this:


(not the smallest jar sample they have, it is about twice the size of the smallest one)

and I was able to get three full body applications out of it, with some left over.

Seriously.

I know it is tempting to grab a huge blob and run with it, but if you take the time to really work in a smaller amount, you can get some pretty awesome skin benefits without breaking the bank. :D  Also, if you only pick up a small blob at a time, you will have less chance of a huge blob sliding off of your skin and being washed away in the water (which can get pretty expensive after a while!).

The amount of use you can get from this is great, especially since this baby retails for $32.95 Can for a 225 g pot.

If you want to try this I would highly suggest getting a sample, and if you want a bigger size but want to try other Lush products too, you can get Lush's Rosie gift set, which comes with a 45 gram pot of Ro's Argan, a Rose Jam bubbleroon, an Amandopando bubble bar and a Rose Queen bath bomb for only $29.95 Can.

I bought myself a Rosie gift set a couple of weeks ago, and here is the smaller Ro's Argan tub:


Huzzah!!


I keep a small tub around so I can use it on my hands after washing them.  :)

There are many uses for this gorgeous product besides the original use:

-a small amount on cuticles for moisturising
-a tiny amount rubbed into the ends of hair for conditioning
-as a regular nighttime hand moisturiser (or day, but it takes a bit to sink in)
-as a face moisturiser in a pinch (if I use this too often on my face it will break out a bit (it is rich and my face is sooo picky on what I put on it), but if I use it once in a while it leaves it silky smooth! :D)
-rubbed onto your wrists as a light perfume

I am sure you can find more uses for it, but this is what I tend to use it for. :D

As for my rating? 10/5!  Seriously, I cannot get enough of this!!!!  This is a serious must-have (I know I say that a lot about Lush products, but oh my goodness they are freaking amazing!), and I never, ever want to run out!  I want to stock up so I always have it, forever.  XD

Have you tried Ro's Argan Body Conditioner?  What are your thoughts on it?

Have a splendiferous day and an amazing weekend, my friends!

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

31 comments

  1. Great review!!! nice blog! I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin now! and I added you by g+ too! I'm very happy if you do the same.
    Have a wonderful weekend! my g+ and like in bloglovin for your post too!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. Thanks for following me :)

    I follow you by g+ and GFC. Greetings from Peru ~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Marcela: Thank you so much, I really appreciate you stopping by! :D I am following your blog too! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Romina Flores: Thank you so much, I really appreciate the follow!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome review! I absolutely love this product, and I agree - a little goes a lonnnng way! :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh they gave me a sample of this and I loved it! I want a full size sometime soon. It smells sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually just get bubble bars and bath bombs from LUSH because they are so expensive here, but I. need. this! My skin has been so dry lately and cracked elbows are never cute! Thanks for the super informative post <3

    xo Jiawun
    http://www.beautynerdbynight.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh after reading your post it just makes me want to buy it even more! Wahhh I'm so broke at the moment, I'm just gonna have to save my pennies for this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great body product! Your review is worth the read. I really don't mind reading long post 😊

    Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the review! I am dying to try this now.
    The Grass Skirt

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've yet to try a lush product-- I definitely want to try this one!

    Thanks for the follow! Following you back. :)
    biffsquiggled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ OPI Addict: Thank you!! :D I never want to run out of it!! XD

    @ Sarah Lynn: It really does!!! :D I love putting some on my hands so I can smell it when I am falling asleep! XD

    @ Selma Alidini: It is so lovely, I hope you like it as much as I do!! :D

    @ Jia Wun: I love their bubble bars so much! :D Thank you so much for your lovely comment, and I hope you love Ro’s Argan as much as I do when you get to try it!! :D

    @ Beauty and Fashion on a Budget: Hahahh sorry, I know how you feel!! XD I am also broke right now and have a looong wishlist! XD

    @ myeverydaystruggles: Thank you so much Kaye! I really appreciate that!! :D

    @ The Grass Skirt Blog: Thank you for your lovely comment!! :D I hope you like Ro’s Argan!!! :D

    @ Be e: Thank you so much for the follow and for your lovely comment! :D Oh, I hope you get the chance to try Lush, it has literally changed my beauty life!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lovely! Thanks for stopping by my blog and followed. I am following you back.
    You have an awesome blog. I love anything Lush!
    Stay in Touch!
    xoxo
    Rena
    www.revampspunkyrena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by!!! :D I really appreciate your comment and the follow! Have a wonderful day :D

      Delete
  14. Very nice review! thanks for sharing. Also, thanks for your sweet comment and follow on my blog. I'm following you back! Let's stay in touch. Have a sweet day :)

    noradulce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! :D I really appreciate it, and I hope that you have an amazing day! <3

      Delete
  15. Hi gorgeous! Your blog is really good! I particularly loved your last nail art post <3
    Would you like to follow each other? take a look at my blog and let me know ;)
    Kisses from Argentina!!

    http://stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so very much!!! :D I would love for us to follow one another! I am following your blog now :D
      <3

      Delete
  16. Such a great concept unfortunately I had to give my pot away because it's full of nut oils and I'm allergic :(

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH NO!!!! D: Aw I am so sorry to hear that, that is one of the worst allergies I can think of :(

      Delete
  17. great review thanks for sharing dear hope you'll get a look of my blog and you might want to consider following each other? and oh check out my review for Choies you better check out their site and join the blogger program =). http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by!! :D I would love for us to follow one another, and I am now following your blog!! :D
      <3

      Delete
  18. Lovely review, thanks! I love argan oil too, though I use it mostly on my hair, I use a great brand called pro naturals. Never really thought about argan oil for skin so hope to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! :D Oh, argan oil is amazing on skin!!! :D I used to use Josie Maran argan oil, but that is waaay overpriced. So I bought it from a natural ingredient wholesaler online (New Directions Aromatics) and got more than what was in the JM one, for a fraction of the price. :D But yes, I would highly suggest giving it a go on your skin, it is considered a 'dry' oil so it absorbs pretty fast :D

      Delete
  19. Omg this stuff sounds awesome! It's a bit expensive, but it sounds like it's worth it. I mean, glowing arm skin? Sounds great to me! Thanks so much for the super sweet comment on my blog! Really made my day :)

    www.dressingroomdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure!! :D Thank you so much for visiting my blog! :D Yes, I definitely believe that glowing skin is worth the cost!! :D XD And buttery smooth skin that smells amaaazing!

      Delete
  20. Such an awesome post! This sounds amazing for the body!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! :D
      I LOVE this stuff, it makes my skin look and feel awesome, and it smells sooo good!!! :D

      Delete
  21. This is my favorite product. Argan oil, especially on my locks, I use pro naturals argan oil for my locks though I want to get some for my skins too. Buy Argan Oil for Face

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really appreciate your post. It gives an outstanding idea that is very helpful for all the people on the web. Thanks for sharing this information and I’ll love to read your next post too.argan oil wholesale

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D