Lush Rose Queen Bath Bomb

Tuesday, September 10, 2013


Good evening, dear readers!

Today I have a review of the Lush Rose Queen bath bomb/ballistic.



The other night I had been feeling ill (sore throat, very tired, etc..), and I needed something relaxing to make me feel better.

Having seen photos of the lovely Rose Queen bath bomb, I though that something pink and full of flowers would perk me up. :)




I got my bath bomb in the Rosie gift set (which also came with an Amandopando, Rose Jam Bubbleroon and a 45 g pot of Ro's Argan... eee! :D), and I am really glad that I was able to try it out!

I like the story behind the Rose Queen bath bomb:

"The scent is a light floral rosy accord, of rose absolute and geranium with amber notes of rock rose. The bathwater has a rosy pink glow with a sprinkling of tigerlily, apple blossom and larkspur petals adrift on the surface.
Mo says this is a return to her old style ballistics; for times when you want nothing but an escape to simpler times of flowers, nature and innocent simplicity.
Since getting their OBEs, Mark and Mo have had lots of requests to attend events. But none so welcome as an invite to the annual festival at the parish church where Mark grew up, to crown this year’s Rose Queen.  The icing on the cake came when Mark met the local vicar and discovered he was wearing our Breath of God fragrance – he then introduced Mark to his daughter, who was wearing our Imogen Rose fragrance! With serendipity like that, you have to come home and invent a product to mark the event." - Lush UK
I also like how every one has an amaranth flower placed in the middle of it :D.
If you do not want petals and flowers floating around in your water (which I do want XD), you can wrap your bath bomb in some nylons and it will keep the plants in it after the rest of the bath bomb fizzes away. :)
This bath bomb has some lovely ingredients, including: rose absolute, labdanum, golden needle lily petals, apple blossoms, and honeysuckle and blue mallow flowers.

Here is the Rose Queen in action:




I picked it up for a photo to show how it looks when it is dissolving:



And more bath photos:




It may not look so in the photos, but my bath is pretty big so I was surprised by how much it had turned pink.  I also loved the gorgeous flowers floating around in the water. :D

Unfortunately my amaranth flower was not looking so good...



Oh well, what can you do! XD

Will I repurchase this?  Oh most definitely! :D  It was a seriously luxurious bath, and well worth the cost (although I can only afford this one once in a while ;)).

The fragrance is pretty strong and will fill up your bathroom and spill out the door, so be sure that a) you like the scent, and b) anyone else living you likes the scent, or there could be some problems. XD

Have you given Rose Queen a go yet?

Have a fabulous day!

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. 1. I like your new blog layout and 2. I wish I had a bath-tub so I could take nice long relaxing bathes, but alas, we only have a shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Stephanie: Thank you so much!!! :D It seriously took me about 5 1/2 hours to fiddle with my blog (many of those hours were spent grumbling and growling!! XD). Aw, I'm sorry to hear that you don't have a bath tub. :( For most of a decade I rarely took any baths, and now that I have been introduced to Lush I take them so often! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the new layout (I might be late on that though.) However, that little queen thing is so cute! I wish I could smell this bomb. I bet it's a slice of heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bath bomb looks pretty! Great pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ GoingtotheShowing: Thank you very much!!!! :D It took me waaay too long to redo my blog XD. Rose Queen is so delightful! :D

    @ drinkcitra: Thank you so much!!! :D

    @ Lisa N: It really is!! :D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a pink bath? mmm that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ LittleMonsterx14: I know, right??! It was awesome! :D I was very happy that it tinted my water that much!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The whole world could smell like richly fragrant roses and you wouldn't here a peep out of me. I love their scent so incredibly much, so this bath bomb is truly right up my alley.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* This might be my last comment here for a few days, sweetie, as I won't be taking my computer with me to Calgary. I look forward to catching up on all your great posts when I'm back. Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Jessica: I used to be pretty blase about the scent of roses (those fake sickly sweet smelling fragrances they put in most products), until I smelled products made with real rose fragrance. So delightful!! :D

    Thank you so much, and I wish you the absolute best!!! I hope that you and your husband have a wonderful time and a safe trip!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to try one of these! I will remember to get a nice scent so when it fills the room and "spills out the door" it will be pleasant :)Do you think it will work well with a tub that has jets?

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Erica D: I have never used one in a bath with jets, but I would caution to be careful about the bits of flowers possibly getting into them. If you wrapped it into a nylon, you shouldn't have to worry about that :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review!! :)

    http://notebookofclaire.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D