Lush Bûche de Noël Facial Cleanser Review

Monday, October 28, 2013

Good morning, lovelies! :D

Today I have another Lush Christmas product review: Bûche de Noël facial cleanser!


This is a holiday edition facial cleanser, which is a favourite among many fans! :D

I am so glad that it comes in one of their classic black pots (when I buy other facial cleansers of theirs in the stores near me, they usually come in those clear, thin plastic tubs, and I don't like those so much).

This product was very kindly sent to me for review. :}



Here is the Lush description:

The cool yule cleanser

Fans of Angels on Bare Skin will love this Christmassy take on our best-selling classic facial cleanser. Perfect for all skin types, Buche de Noel is the cleanser that’s good enough to eat (although we don’t recommend it). Named for the log-shaped French dessert, ours is loaded with fresh ingredients for glowing holiday skin. Sorry, no buttercream here! Ground almonds gently exfoliate away dead skin while kaolin clay acts as a mild, deep cleanser. Then we add almond oil and seaweed to nourish and moisturize seasonal dry patches and leave skin softer than a freshly fallen snow.

I was very interested in this, and I was so impressed by how incredibly smooth my skin felt after application.  Baby butt smooth!! O_O  I stroked my skin and I couldn't get over how smooth is was, just from using this to wash it!!!

To use it you pinch off a small pea-sized peace, then add a few drips of water until you can mix it into a paste.

Smooth over your skin, then rinse it away, and you have a seriously silky face!! :D

I heard that it was the glycerin that really adds that extra oomph to the smooth factor. :}

I love how these types of Lush cleansers have a gentle exfoliation effect to them, so they help get rid of dead skin cell buildup.  Not only that, but it's a Christmas face wash!! :D WOOOO!  Who wouldn't want a Christmas face wash that works extremely well? :D  (And this is so cute wrapped up in some nori seaweed XD.)

Here are the ingredients:
Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis) , Kaolin , Glycerine ,Fresh Satsumas (Cutrus reticulata) , Dried Cranberries (Vaccinium macrocarpon) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Brandy , Almond Essential Oil (Prunus dulcis), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides) , Cedarwood Oil (Cupressus funebris) , *Linalool , *Cinnamal ,Fragrance , Nori Seaweed (Fucus vesiculosus) ,


I have a little trick that I use to make Lush facial cleansers and fresh face masks last longer: put them in the freezer! :D  Seriously!!  (And I am not the only one who does so.)  It can take me a long time to go through a pot of facial cleanser this big (easily more than 3 months, depending on how generous I am while using it), and it takes me longer than 3 weeks to go through the fresh face masks.  This way I can keep them around for as long as I need, and I don't notice any difference in how well they work.  I now have a collection of at least 8 different Lush products in my freezer (3 cleansers and a bunch of fresh face masks) XD.  I know of several people who stock up on this cleanser at Christmas, and keep a bunch in the freezer to use for the rest of the year (as this is a seasonal product, it is only available during the holiday season).

Although the scent of this product is not quite my favourite (don't get me wrong, it isn't bad, just not to my taste... I prefer the scents of Angels on Bare Skin and Let the Good Times Roll :D), I know that a lot of people are a fan of it, and with a product that works this well, who cares? XD

The price is $12.95 (Can) for 100g, and that is a steal!  While the pot may look small to some, you soon learn that it will last you for several months, and as this works as both a facial cleanser and a scrub, that is a pretty great deal. :D

Are you a fan of any of Lush's facial cleansers?  Have you tried Bûche de Noël?

Have an amazing day :D

-Ashesela





You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. This sounds lovely ! i have definitely heard the freezer tip before and will have to cheek it in mind if I end up with anything that expires quickly :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helps making Lush products last longer (the fresh face masks and cleansers, anyway, not sure of how good it would be to put a cream or shower gel in there, it may make them separate) :D

      Delete
  2. Great freezer tip! Never thought of that before! I'll definitely be picking this up to test it out, it sounds lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay!!! :D I really hope you like it!! :D

      Delete
  3. I tried this last year, and I liked how it made my skin feel, but I'm also not a huge fan of the scent!

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may be the brandy in it that I don't like? I'm not entirely sure :/

      Delete
  4. I am a big fan if lush products, will try it if its available in lush near me
    Last day to enter my migmon sunglasses giveaway. Please do enter..
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/10/mignon-mignon-sunglasses-giveaway.html?m=0
    Kisses,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find it, and that it works well for you!! :D

      Delete
  5. Lovely review! haha I like how you put it in the freezer to make it last longer! genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the name and description of the scent, as well as that you add the moisture to it yourself (that really makes it great for packing on a trip, where liquid spills can easily do far too much damage).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, travelling with fluid is always risky!! And at least with this there isn't a ban on sizes :D

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the review- I need to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure!!! :D I hope that you like it! :D

      Delete
  8. I haven't tried any of Lush's facial cleansers, but I'm definitely interested in this one now!! I want my skin to feel that smooth!!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh!! If you get a chance to, you should definitely head over to your nearest Lush and get some samples!! :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D