Lush Demon in the Dark Soap Review

Friday, October 18, 2013


Good evening, dear readers! :D

I am back from my much needed blog break! :D  I have been changing some of my medications around and I haven't been feeling my best lately, but I am not too bad right now. :)

As Hallowe'en is soon approaching, I thought it was time to do some reviews on Hallowe'en inspired Lush items! :D

Today I have a review of Lush's Demon in the Dark soap.


(Is it just me, or does that pattern in the corner look a bit like a frog?!)

This was provided to me for review, and I am really excited to have had the chance to try it out! :D

Here is the product description on Lush.ca:

MYSTERIOUS MINT AND CRISP APPLE SOAP

It’s not really a Demon; it’s more of an earthy tingly delight for the skin and a wicked refreshment for the senses. Wrapped in a layer of black wax, (which you peel off before you use it, or you won’t get clean!), underneath lies a forest green cleansing treat to suds up dirt-demons. We make it with fresh mint and antioxidant-rich fresh organic apple juice to stimulate the surface of the skin and leave it brighter and cleaner. We then perfume it with invigorating peppermint, stimulating spearmint and warming clove bud. Let it unleash the power within you!
Now that is a really cool idea for soap! :D

The soap is wrapped in black wax, to help keep it fresh, as there is apple juice as an ingredient.  While they say to peel it off before use, I find that cutting it off with a sharp knife is easier and more effective.

 Waxy!



This soap is really beautiful!!  When it is a fresh slice and the apple juice hasn't oxidized yet, you can see a rich, deep green with what look like almost glowing tendrils of an ethereal smoke spectre.  In the areas with more coloured areas, it looks a bit like a slime monster! :D XD


 This is so gorgeous!!! O_O

My sister said it smelled like alginate, and I have to completely agree with her!! :D  She is a makeup artist and uses alginate to take casts of things, and I always found that it had a relaxing, cooling, minty scent.  Demon in the Dark has that same relaxing mint fragrance, and it leaves you minty fresh! :D

Here is the list of ingredients:

Water (Aqua) , Glycerine , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Cocos nucifera) , Apple Juice , Sodium Hydroxide , Sodium Stearate , Mint (Mentha piperita) , Spearmint Oil (Mentha viridis) , Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus) ,Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) , Sodium Chloride , EDTA ,Tetrasodium Etidronate , Perfume , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , FD&C Blue No. 1 - Lush.ca

I didn't find that DITD lathers very much, but regardless of that you can still feel it on your skin and it cleans quite well.

When you first rinse it off and dry your skin, it feels squeaky-clean.  However, afterwards I notice a softness and smoothness on my skin, without it feeling too dry.  I can honestly say I have never experienced a soap doing that before!  Usually soaps that leave you feeling super clean and "squeaky" remove your natural oils and dry out the skin too much.  However, my skin feels smooth and not oily, yet not too dry either (and while I have combination skin on my face, the skin on the rest of my body can get quite dry).

Overall this is a very lovely soap, and I am so glad to have finally tried it! :D

Have you tried Demon in the Dark before?  No need to worry about it leaving Lush after Hallowe'en, as it is a permanent staple in many stores. :D

Have a wonderful night! :D

-Ashesela


You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Oooooh that sounds like a pretty divine soap. Though I'd probably have to not look at it, as the appearance kind of puts me off - but I think that's just me being a scaredy cat. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently using this soap too! I like it, but I wish the apple fragrance was a bit stronger!

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!!! :D Perfect for fall! :D Yeah, I don't smell much apple in it either

      Delete
  3. it looks fantastic! going on my lush xmas wishlist ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! :D I hope that you really enjoy it :)

      Delete
  4. That soap is the funkiest looking soap I have ever seen! It reminds me of something out of a sci-fi movie lol But I like the ingredients list and what a huge chunk! Sorry to hear you were feeling ill, hope you feel better.

    ~Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate that!! :D <3
      I love the look of this soap! XD

      Delete
  5. This really does have a cool Creature from the Black Lagoon kind of Halloween perfect look to it! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I also like how it is wrapped in black wax; that is so badass! XD

      Delete
  6. Whoa this soap looks a bit creepy, but beautiful at the same time lol. I hope you're feeling well, Ash ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! <3 I really appreciate that! :D

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried this before, but it's a great review! Makes me want to go buy it :)

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you!! I hope that you like it!! :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D