Lush Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb Review

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Good evening, dear readers! :D

Today I have a review of Lush's Lord of Misrule bath bomb, another Hallowe'en Lush product that was just recently released (although it is a mix between a Hallowe'en and Christmas item).  This was kindly sent to me for consideration.



The Lord of Misrule bath bomb has been released for Hallowe'en 2013, and is priced at $5.95 Can for 200 g (it is one of their larger bath bombs).

Here is Lush's product description:

STRANGE AND MAGNIFICENT

Inspired by the ruler of the Pagan Feast of Fools, Lord of Misrule brings mischievous revelry to the tub with a spicy herbal blend of patchouli and black pepper oil. As it slowly froths in the water, hypnotic swirling silver luster is released and the deep green exterior soon gives way to a rich, wine-coloured centre. Just like at the Feast of Fools, when the wine begins flowing, the revelry really begins! Popping candies fizz and crackle, creating a world of magic and mischief right before your eyes. - Lush.ca



(As you can see, this is one of their bigger bath bombs, which makes it perfect to cut into two! :D)


Here I tried to break it in half, but bath bombs are really hard XD.  


For some interesting reading, here is some information about the Feast of Fools.

Now for the review! :D

This is the size of the piece I used in my bath:

 Here is the magic starting!! :D
This looks so cool!!!
 Gorgeous!!!

 Heheheh this looks like a bat creature >:D
Here is the end result!  (Well, almost, there were a couple of green pieces that still had to dissolve.)

This bath bomb looks amazing!!! O_O  It looked a bit deeper in colour in real life, and it felt like I was bathing in wine! :D  (Not only that, but this was just under half of the bath bomb!!  I will have to get more and try out a whole one to see how deep and rich the colour is! :D)

When the bath bomb finished fizzing, there was a lovely soft crackling of the popping candy. :}

It has a really interesting and pleasant fragrance, which for me is hard to describe.  It smells sweet, but with a slightly almost fruity/floral spice to it.  I can't give a very specific description, as I have never smelled something like this before.  While it has black pepper oil, it doesn't smell like pepper right off of your kitchen table (I promise!).  In fact, I probably would not have guessed that the spiciness to the scent was from pepper specifically, as it is not overpowering, but there enough to know that there is a hint of spice. 

Last but not least, the water felt so smooth and soft, and so did my skin!  :D

Here is the ingredient list:


This is now one of my top bath bombs, and I really hope that Lush gets enough encouragement from this product to eventually add it into their permanent line.

While I only used just under half of the bath bomb, the water still had a rich colour to it.  Despite that, there was no staining at all!  I will have to try a whole Lord of Misrule (I love that name! :D) and see how that fares.

5/5 for this one! :D

What is your favourite Lush bath bomb?  Have you tried this one yet? 

Have a wonderful night!! :}

-Ashesela





You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Wow, this one looks incredible! It turned your bath a beautiful colour! :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't it??! :D And all those effects with just half of it! :D

      Delete
  2. Wow this one looks so cool! It really looks holiday-ish! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D And it feels like I am bathing in red wine! So opulent! XD

      Delete
  3. Wonderfully detailed, enjoyable review. The inside of that bath bomb is so cool, as it the multi-coloured marble effect it creates in the water. Love the whole thing - including your description of the scent (black pepper + patchouli = big time win in my books).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! :D If you get the chance to try it, I really hope you like it! It really does smell so pretty! :D
      <3

      Delete
  4. What can you combine Lord of Misrule with for a cocktail.?? Like what bubble bar or melt??? Any suggestions ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm.... good question!! It has a really unique fragrance, but I bet it would be interesting with the Floating Island bath melt or Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds bubble bar! :D

      Delete
  5. I was gifted a Lush Bath Bomb the same size as this one and i have yet to use it, i wasn't sure if i used the fill bomb or i had to half it? i didn't want to as the lady who sent it in fear of looking stupid lol.....but Thank you for the review, il deffo try mine now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that I could be of help!!! :D And don't ever worry about looking stupid, if you aren't sure of something that is not stupid at all! :} I usually half mine (the big ones, anyway) as I find that half of one is more than enough for my big tub (and I like getting more bang for my dollar! :D)

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks so luxurious!! I love the colors! My favorite bath bomb so far is Twilight - I just love the smell of it! I have a whole bag of bath bombs that I haven't used yet, hehe. I'd better get on that!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe that I still have not tried Twilight yet??! XD
      Oooh sounds like a wonderful stash!! :D Enjoy!

      Delete
  7. I ordered this halloween night, I can't wait to get it in! I also ordered phoenix rising. I figured they would be two good ones for these chilly Autumn nights. Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D I haven't tried Pheonix Rising, but it looks awesome!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this bath bomb. Smells and looks immense! When the foam goes it really is quite creepy as the water is a deep red. Check my review out...the pics came out amazing! http://rebeccaemmaprice.blogspot.co.uk/ I want to try the other Lush Halloween bath bomb..the enchanter but can't get my hands on one :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://rebeccaemmaprice.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/LUSH

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D