Saturday, October 12, 2013

Lush Mr. Punch Soap Review (and NA Lush Forum Chat Party)


Good morning, dear readers! :D

First off I have to tell you that Lush's Christmas collection is now online on the North American websites!! :D YAY!!  It has been online for a few days on the UK website, but we have it here now, too! :D

Secondly, for those North American lushies, there will be a Lush Holiday Chat Party on the 16th of October, from 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm PST (or 5:00pm - 12:00 am EST).  So don't forget to stop by! :D

(not my image)

Now onto the Mr. Punch soap!

(not my image, image taken from here)

While this is now available on the Lush.ca website, my soap is actually from way back in February, when I bought my first Lush items! :)  There were a few soaps left (Mr. Punch and Angel's Delight, if I am not mistaken), and they were on sale for 2 for 1.  So, I picked up a bar for myself and a bar for my sister.

(Here is a small slice of the soap; I cut mine into many small pieces so I could make them last longer.  Little did I know how frustrating cutting my soap this thin could be XD)

According the the Lush website:

"Mr. Punch stole our hearts last Christmas, and he’s back this year with an enhanced fragrance. We’ve mixed in fresh lime oil, juniper berries and a splash of gin (it is punch, after all!) to create refreshing, fruity perfume. When Mr. Punch is turned upside-down, it looks like a delicious bowl of fruit punch, complete with bits of fruit floating about- how refreshing! Grab a slice and lather up on dark winter mornings for an instant mood-lift and fresh, sweet-smelling skin." - Lush.ca

This soap is really delightful!!  It foams up really easily and well (as some of you will know, not all Lush soaps lather the same), and it has a really lovely scent!

Here is the list of ingredients:

Water (Aqua) , Propylene Glycol , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) , Sodium Stearate , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Fragrance , Gin , Dried Juniperberries (Juniperus communis) , Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis) , Blackcurrant Absolute (Ribes Nigrum) , Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) , Glycerine ,Sodium Chloride , EDTA , Tetrasodium Editronate , Sodium Hydroxide , *Geraniol , *Citronellol , *Limonene , Linalool , Titanium Dioxide , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , FD&C Red No. 4 , D&C Red No. 33 , D&C Orange No. 4 , FD&C Blue No. 1

I don't find that it scents my skin much after washing with it, so this is perfect for days when you want to wear perfume and not have any other scent clash with it.

I also find it to be a bit moisturising, which truthfully surprised me.  I'm not used to clear-ish soaps being the most softening, but this bar is really lovely :D.

There is definitely a slight spiciness to the fruity scent of this soap, which I will attribute to the juniper berry.  I think it is cool that gin is flavoured with juniper, which is something that I just learned! :D  I always thought gin tasted like pine trees, and now I know why.

I can see myself repurchasing this lovely holiday favourite, as it is a great soap!  (It also looks nice :D)

Have you tried Mr. Punch before?

Have a wonderful day! :D

-Ashesela


11 comments:

  1. I bought this last year and I loved it! The sad thing is, the gave me the cube without the colourful blocks in it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it too! :D
      Aw, at least it is a lovely cranberry colour (I would be sad too if I got a piece without the lovely blocks of colour in it)

      Delete
  2. Yay, I'm so glad it coming back this year! A friend gifted me a bar for my birthday, and I fell in love hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'm really glad that you like it too!!! :D What a lovely gift!! :D

      Delete
  3. I've never tried this one, it sounds great! Cutting it into smaller pieces is a really smart idea because of those soaps melt way too fast...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells and feels really nice!! :D I like cutting smaller pieces of soap for that reason, but I made this one too thin, which was a pain XD

      Delete
  4. I really love this soap too! I'm so excited about Lush's Christmas lineup, it's always fantastic :D
    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited too!!! :D I ordered some Snowcake, and this week when I get it it will be the first time I have ever used it!! :D SO EXCITED!! XD (I LOVE marzipan!! :D)

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty bar of soap. It reminds me a lot of stained glass windows and stained glass jell-o alike (which I'm not craving! :)).

    Hope you're having a really lovely Thanksgiving weekend, my sweet friend!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha yeah!! It does look like that! :D
      Thank you so much, dear!! :D I wish you the best and a wonderful Thanksgiving as well! :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...