Lush Rose Jam Shower Gel Review

Friday, October 11, 2013


Good morning, lovelies! :D

Today I have a review of Lush's delightful Rose Jam shower gel.


This is a limited edition product, and will only be available until December 25th (that is, until they decide to bring it out again).  This is one of their products that pops in and out of the market, and to be honest I think that they should go ahead and make it a permanent product.  I've seen that so many people online love this, and they would sell so many of them if they kept this in stock.

Rose Jam is available online and in some stores (more stores will have them in stock later this month), and I highly suggest grabbing a bottle if you like the scent of Lush's Rose Jam Bubbleroon and Ro's Argan Body Conditioner.  These three products have the same scent, although I find the shower gel to be much stronger in scent and almost a touch more fruity/floral.

Here is a list of ingredients from their Canadian website:

Water (Aqua) , Vanilla Pod Infusion (Vanilla planifolia) , Cypress Leaf Infusion (Cupressus sempervirens) , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate ,Sodium Cocoamphoacetate , Lauryl Betaine , Propylene Glycol ,Fragrance , Goji Berry Juice (Lycium barbarum) , Lactic Acid , Argan Oil (Argania spinosa) , Organic Rose Absolute (Rosa Damascena)Rose Oil (Rosa damascena) , Egyptian Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens) , Sicilian Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum) ,Coumarin , Citronellol , Geraniol , *Limonene , D&C Red No. 33 ,Methylparaben

I feel all fancy using this, as it has such interesting ingredients (argan oil, egyptian geranium oil, organic rose absolute...) XD.

It really smells so good (so, SO GOOD!!!! O_O), and is bubbles really well! :D  The gel is a medium consistency, and is a lovely rose colour.


This is the first time I have used any of Lush's shower gels (I have usually been more of a soap person that shower gel person), and it won't be the last.  This is a great quality gel that makes my skin feel smooth and not dehydrated, plus it perfumes the skin with its delicious rose jammy fragrance. :D  Seriously, you WILL smell this on your skin after washing with it.  I sometimes use this on my hands as a hand wash, and I love smelling the rosey goodness afterwards.

Rose Jam has a really interesting fragrance. :)  It has rose (a lovely realistic rose scent, not the fake stuff), a slightly fruity note to it (I'm guessing from the goji berry), and I sometimes detect a bit of cinnamon and black tea.  My sister and I have both noticed that this scent changes depending on the moment, and doesn't always smell exactly the same.

A little while ago I ordered the big 500 ml bottle of this, as well as the smaller 100 ml bottle (so I have something that is easy to handle in the shower).  I do find this to be a bit expensive, but I will probably get another big bottle so I have enough to last me for months and months.

The 100 ml bottle retails for $10.95 Can, and the 500 ml bottle goes for $29.95 Can.

All in all I give this a 5/5.  It works great, smells amazing, doesn't make my skin dry (which can be really easy to do!), and the scent actually stays on my skin after rinsing the shower gel off.

Have you ever tried any of Lush's shower gels before?

Have an amazing day! :D

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. I've actually never tried their Shower Gels before because they seem so expensive! But I might have to give this one a try :D Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D This is the first Lush shower gel that I have ever tried, and I absolutely adore it! :D

      Delete
  2. I live trying new shower gel's.. Will try this one out too
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it as much as I do!! :D

      Delete
  3. I love the scent of this, so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're trying to make me go broke! I've added this to my shopping list lol, thanks :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muahahah!! XD Heheheh, it really is a delightful gel!! :D I think you will enjoy it! :}

      Delete
  5. This is amazing paired with Lush's Ro's Argan :) So jealous of your huge bottle!

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good with Ro's!!! :D Next time I get paid I will get another big bottle to last me a couple more months XD

      Delete
  6. Of all the Lush products you've talked about to date, I swear, this is the one that has called my name most strongly. I adore anything rose, cinnamon or berry scented, to the way you described this really makes me think I'd flip for it person. Thank you for another terrific introduction!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My absolute pleasure, Jessica!! :D If you love those types of scents, then this (or Ro's Argan) is what I would suggest the most. <3

      Delete
  7. I had a sniff of this at a blogger event last month and I was in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so lucky!!! We don't get any blogger events where I am and that makes me sad :(

      Delete
  8. This shower gel sounds great! You've interested me into so many LUSH products lol! I only wish there was one close to me so I could smell all the products!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D