Monday, November 04, 2013

Dew Puff Konjac Sponge Review

Good evening, lovelies! :D

Recently I was able to receive some wonderful samples from Dew Puff, an online site that sells konjac sponges for the face.  I have tried a konjac sponge once before and I completely fell in love with it, and I was very curious to try the sponges from Dew Puff and see how they worked for me.


First off I must say that the customer service is absolutely brilliant.  I have sent and received many e-mails back and forth with the company, and they have been so helpful and kind. :D  When a company is so engaged with a customer, that really makes a world of a difference.  Especially when they are so interested in and excited about what they are offering, that makes me want to continue my relationship with the company all the more.

Onto the Dew Puffs! :D

Can I say that I love that name?  Because it is really cute and I like that I can say "oh, I wash my face with a Dew Puff!".  So cute!! XD

Konjac sponges are made from root fibres of the konjac plant, which is a very interesting looking type of potato, native to Asia.



The konjac (also known as konnyaku, gonyak, voodoo lily, snake palm, devil's tongue..) is used for both culinary and cosmetic purposes.

The Dew Puffs come in this lovely high-quality packaging, and arrive in a dry state.


There are three varieties available; The Dew Puff Original (which is 100% konjac fibres), the Dew Puff Bamboo Charcoal (which has activated carbon mixed in with the fibres), and the Dew Puff Asian Clay (with clay mixed in with the konjac).

 Dew Puff Original

I was sent samples of all three types, and I am ecstatic to be able to review them! :D

Dew Puffs are used to cleanse and exfoliate your face.  They are very gentle, and can be used by anyone, with any type of skin.

They are pH balanced, contain no chemicals or preservatives, and are sustainable.  Not only that, but they are also compostable! :D  As suggested online, you can add your used Dew Puff to a potted plant to increase water retention in the soil. :)

To use the Dew Puff, you hold it under warm water for a few seconds.  Rinse it a few times (gently squeezing) and then after removing the excess water it is ready to use.

Some konjac sponges take longer to become saturated, and I was very surprised when this one was ready almost immediately.


When wet, the Dew Puff has a very soft and comforting texture (smooth enough for sensitive skin, and perfect for babies).  I love the fact that I can use it on the eye area with no irritation whatsoever.

You may use the Dew Puff with or without cleanser, and I find that my skin feels very clean and refreshed after using it by itself.  I also sometimes use it with a cleanser to help remove leftover makeup (I do suggest removing heavy makeup first, and then using the konjac sponge afterwards for residual cleanup), and my skin feels very fresh and soft.

The konjac sponge (with proper care) can last up to 2 - 3 months when used twice daily, which, considering the low price ($7.00 USD), is a great investment for skincare.

After using the sponge be sure to rinse and gently squeeze it to remove dirt and excess water, then hang it up to dry between uses.

The Dew Puff website has a great FAQ section, where they give very helpful information on using and caring for your konjac sponge.  I love that you can sanitize the sponges:

How can I sanitize my Dew Puff?

You can boil Dew Puff for 2 minutes, or microwave a wet Dew Puff for 1 minute. Do not leave the Dew Puff in boiling water, or in a microwave for any longer than the recommended time. Leaving a Dew Puff in a pan where the water has boiled out, could cause the pot and sponge to possibly scorch or burn. Do not leave a pot or the microwave unattended.
The Dew Puff can be very hot after boiling or being microwaved. Use tongs to remove from water and let the Dew Puff cool completely (20-30 minutes) before using. - https://www.dewpuff.com/dew-puff-konjac/
 Damp Dew Puff on the left, dry one on the right:

Overall impression:

I've been using the three Dew Puff sponges since last month, alternating between several days of testing each one.

Adding konjac sponges into my skincare regimen has made a world of a difference!  My skin has never looked or felt better, and I know that the sponges have made the difference because I still use the same moisturizers, toners, and serums as before.

As I only wear cosmetics some of the time, I can usually get away with using the sponge without cleanser (when I am not wearing make-up), and that has really simplified my cleansing routine.

Would I continue using konjac sponges?  Definitely!! :D  I really encourage you to give them a try for yourself, and to let me know how they work for you.  I am so glad that I was introduced to them, and given the opportunity to review them.

While I did not really notice a difference on my skin between all three types of the Dew Puff, my skin has been in great condition from using them and because of that, I had next to no blackheads, pimples, or excessively dry skin to test them on. XD (I definitely cannot complain about that!)  I have had broken blood vessels in my cheeks for years, and these have not been irritated or made worse by the Dew Puffs, as they are very gentle and calming on the skin.  I have very sensitive skin, so that is saying a lot!  (I also have combination dry skin, in case you were wondering how it would work for that.)

I will probably use konjac sponges for years!  I had no idea that these existed until a short time ago, and I am so incredibly glad that I stumbled upon them on the Internet, as they are now a must for my skincare regimen.

Rating? 10/10!!!

If you have never used a konjac sponge before, I really suggest you give them a try!!  The shape of Dew Puffs is very handy for getting to all of the contours of the face, and the price is excellent!  They are very affordable, and so soft on the skin.

Let me know your thoughts on konjac sponges :D

-Ashesela

14 comments:

  1. Great review! I never tried any konjac sponges because I'm always afraid they'll be too harsh for my sensitive skin, but I'll definitely give them a try soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I am so glad that you liked my review!! :D I found them to be very soft on my skin, and my skin is crazy sensitive! XD Let me know how you find the sponges :)

      Delete
  2. Gr8 review.. I am also testing Konica sponge these days
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sponges are amazing. I love mine.
    Karen x
    http://silvermachine78.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Ahahahah scary?! XD Oh Anna, you are awesome!

      Delete
  5. I've never tried one before either, in fact, this may very well be the first time I've heard of them. They sound and look really cool - I'd be game for trying one anytime. Thank you for the introduction, it certainly isn't every day one encounters a new kind of sponge. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Jessica!! :D I was pretty blown away by how awesome these are :D

      Delete
  6. Ooh these sponges sound great! I love how they can be sanitized :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :D That just adds to their awesomeness! XD

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...