Lush Carrot Soap Review

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Good morning, dear readers! :D

Today I will be reviewing the Lush Carrot Soap, which was every so kindly sent to me for review. :}

This is a limited-edition Easter release, so be sure to check this out before it "leaps away" and is gone!


Here is what Lush has to say about Carrot:

"Softening lemon-blackcurrant sudser

This soap may look like a giant carrot, but it certainly doesn’t smell like one! Instead, we’ve created an energizing, tropical blend of Sicilian lemon oil and fruity buchu oil that’s sure to put some spring in your step. A healthy helping of cocoa butter softens and moisturizes your skin as you wash, and carrot oil lends its nourishing, conditioning qualities to leave your skin feeling smooth, clean and refreshed. A leaping white bunny jumps across each slice as a reminder that all of our products are strictly cruelty-free, and that we continue to fight animal testing."

Here is the list of ingredients:
Water , Propylene Glycol , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) , Fragrance , Carrot Oil (Daucus carota) , Sodium Stearate , Buchu Oil (Barosma betulina) , Sicilian Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) ,Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao) ,Titanium Dioxide , Glycerine , Sodium Chloride , EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate , Lilial , *Linalool , *Limonene, D&C Orange No. 4



This soap is wonderful!! :D

It really reminds me a lot of V8 Splash Tropical Blend (a delicious fruity cocktail that also happens to contain carrot) both in colour and in fragrance. :} It smells sooo good!!


While I noticed that this soap is one of their more 'juicy' soaps (like Neon Love) and so does not lather up as well as some of their creamy soaps (like Alkmaar), it still gets the job done well and leaves you feeling quenched.


This retails for $6.95 Can per 100 g, so it is also on the cheaper end of the Lush spectrum (yay!!! :D).

It makes for a sunny and bright bar, and the colour and fragrance are both a delight for the bathroom.

I really like how they incorporated carrot and bunnies in this for Easter. :)  I especially love that they put the image of a leaping bunny into the bar, to both remind us of Easter, but also of Lush's commitment to being cruelty-free and the importance of keeping our furry friends from harm.  Here is a link to the Leaping Bunny logo for more information.

Overall I am extremely pleased with this soap, and would love to buy more of it!  I think it makes for an adorable Easter gift, while being a treat for the senses.


It does leave a bit of fragrance to your skin after using it (which is awesome!), but it is not overwhelming, and the scent doesn't linger for very long, so no worries about perfume clashing!  :D

I paired this with the Bunch of Carrots bubble bar in my bath, and my skin felt great! :}

I highly recommend this!! :D

I hope that you have a fantastic weekend, and I'll be back shortly with more Lush reviews!

-Ashesela :}

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds amazing! i have only ever tried their bath bombs, so i will check this outnext time i am near a lush :)
    xx Alana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the bunch of carrots - they smell beautifully tropical and fresh :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to try it, I like when fregrance lingers on
    I am inviting you to enter my JollyChic Easter Giveaway
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2014/03/jollychic-easter-giveaway.html?m=0
    Kisses,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's like a solid bar of ponche shower gel haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I love V8 Splash so I'll probably love this soap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like such a lovely, refreshingly scent - perfect for those grey days of spring when its raining cats and dogs and you need a total pick-me-up first thing in the morning.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. My boyfriend and I have both been loving this soap! The entire Easter range is great this year :)

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D