Monday, January 05, 2015

Lush Yog Nog Soap

Good morning lovelies! :D

Today I have a review of Lush's holiday Yog Nog soap.


I apologize that I don't have any photos of a full slice, as I didn't have my light box set up and I wanted to use it right away.  I also gave half away to my sister, so I don't have much left to photograph. XD


This creamy soap has a gorgeous sponge toffee fragrance (although I think they were aiming for more egg nog).  Seriously, I reaaally get sponge toffee when I smell it.



I love that the soap looks like egg nog, with the yellow cream colouring and the dusting of cocoa on the top.  Although it's hard to see here, the soap is patterned with raised Christmas-y patterns (think angels and stars and the like), and is quite lovely.

I find that it can take a wee bit of work to lather it up in your hands, but I imagine that with a loofah or wash cloth it would bubble up quite fast.  Also the texture of the soap is rather soft and slightly melty, so you will get some on your fingers if you slice it like I did and try to take the slices apart.

I've only used it on my hands, but Yog Nog is lightly moisturizing and the scent lingers on your skin.

It also scents up the bathroom, which is delightful! :D


Here is what Lush.ca has to say about it:

"Indulgent and spicy

Did you know Egg Nog is the most popular Christmas drink in North America? It’s true! To honor this shared love of all things boozy and creamy, we re-imagined this drink as a vegan soap. Made with soy yogurt and a dash of festive spice, Yog Nog has that unmistakable creamy texture with a fudgy, spicy blend of clove bud and ylang ylang essential oils to leave skin super soft. We even gave it a generous dusting of aromatic cocoa and nutmeg powder. Just try not to eat it. Because after all, it's still soap.

Features

  • We go vegan: Made with soy yogurt, everyone can enjoy this vegan sweet treat!
  • Born free: This spicy little number is made with a 100% palm-free soap base and is petrochemical free.
  • Warm and spicy: Yog Nog’s spicy blend will leave you feeling cozy and nostalgic.
And there are the ingredients:
Water (Aqua) , Glycerine , Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) , Sorbitol , Soya Yoghurt (Glycine soja) , Fragrance , Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus) , Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata) , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) ,Titanium Dioxide , Sodium Chloride , EDTA ,Tetrasodium Editronate , Sodium Hydroxide , *Eugenol, *Linalool , Cocoa Powder (Theobroma cacao) ,Nutmeg Powder (Myristica Fragrans)
My sister also quite enjoyed this soap, and if they bring it back next year I can see us picking up another slice or two.
I hope you have a wonderful day! :D
-Ash

6 comments:

  1. the soap looks so tempting, i need to get it too
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yummy sponge toffee soap, who could say no? :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...