Lush Ayesha Fresh Face Mask Review

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Good morning dear readers! :D

Today I am going to review Lush's Ayesha fresh face mask.




This mask retails for $6.95 Can. for 60 grams.

"Spellbinding ingredients to smooth wrinkles
Ayesha is a blend of tightening and toning ingredients to refresh tired-looking skin. We use vitamin C-rich kiwi to brighten dull spots, asparagus to nourish and absorb excess oils and honey for hydrating and soothing red areas. This fresh mask is named after the fictional priestess who discovered the secret to immortality - ten minutes with it on and you’ll see why! Dull, tired and mature skin transforms for a bright, youthful glow." - Lush.ca
Ingredients: Fullers Earth Honey (Mel) Elderflower (Sambucus Nigra) & Lime Tree Flower (Tilia Europaea) Decoction Glycerine ,Fresh Asparagus (Asparagus officinalis) Fresh Organic Kiwi Fruit (Actinidia chinensis) Kaolin Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana) Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) ,Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis) Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin) Elderflower Vinegar Bentone Gel *Geraniol *Limonene *Linalool Fragrance . 
*Occurs naturally in essential oils



While I can't quite make out the fragrance all of the ingredients add up to, it is refreshing and pleasant.

(I feel so silly in photos!)

The mask is supposed to be applied and then left on the face, for 5-10 minutes.  I left mine on for a wee bit longer than that, but as the mask dried rather quickly (with the amount I put on), I don't know if anything happened during that extra time.


While it did feel soothed at the same time, my skin was tingling when I had Ayesha on, and upon removing the mask I found that my skin was irritated and on the dry side.  My skin flakes easily, and I found that Ayesha exacerbated the problem.

My skin felt much softer afterwards, but sadly the youthful glow I received was red blotches XD.



Please don't let my review deter you, as everyone has different skin, and what doesn't work for some can work for others.  I have notoriously sensitive skin, and if something doesn't freak it out, then that is very, very rare for me.  I also left it on a bit longer than you are supposed to, so that may have made my reaction worse.

I can't say much for its effect on wrinkles as I don't have many, and the ones I do have are very small and mostly in places where I did not put the mask.  I *think* the fine ones on my forehead were less noticeable, but it could be that I'm just being very hopeful.  In the areas where my skin pulls when making expressions (like around my nose), the skin was dry, and it actually made more lines from being tight. XD  Ah well, you can't win them all.

I won't be purchasing Ayesha again, but that's okay.  I have a bunch of other lovely Lush items to keep me happy! :D

Have a wonderful day!

-Ash


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. lush has stopped selling in India :(
    happy sunday
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww such a pity that it didn't work out! Perhaps you've got really sensitive skin, I will probably have the same reaction too =(

    xoxo Celly | asian beauty and makeup blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I do :( very sensitive. But that's okay, there are other Lush face masks that I really like! :D

      Delete
  3. Pity that it didn't work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :( I'll just have to bring the pot back to put towards a mask that works for me :D

      Delete
    2. Yeah :( I'll just have to bring the pot back to put towards a mask that works for me :D

      Delete
  4. Too bad this didn't work well for you :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D