Revisiting Lush Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask

Monday, May 25, 2015

Good morning, dear readers!

Today I have a review of Lush's Brazened Honey fresh face mask.  I wrote this all up, then realized that I reviewed BH in 2013, but forgot to put a link up in my Lush reviews tab.

Ah well, I don't want to waste the time I spent on this, so here is a more recent review! XD

To make this review a little different, I'm using the SAME mask that I used in 2013, and it still works just as well!!  I keep it in my freezer and although the moisture does leave the formula to form ice crystals, these melt back into it with the warmth of your hand (and you can always add a touch more water if needed!).




This retails for $6.95 Can. for 60 grams.

"Deep-cleanse and refresh oily, congested skin

Brazened Honey was inspired by traditional Indian Ayurvedic principles, which put emphasis on balance as the foundation to health. Fresh free-range eggs and honey soften, lime oil brightens, spices warm the skin and ground almonds exfoliate. Kaolin clay reaches deep down into pores to pull out dirt and impurities, leaving your skin noticeably brighter and fresher. Our deepest cleansing mask, Brazened Honey is the perfect way to revive sluggish or congested skin." - Lush.ca

Ingredients:Kaolin , Talc , Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia) , Sage , Rosemary and Juniperberry Infusion (Salvia officinalis, Rosmarinus officinalis, Juniperus communis) , Fresh Free Range Eggs ,Honey , Glycerine , Fresh Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare), Ground Almond Shells (Prunus dulcis) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Bentone Gel , Fresh Ginger Root (Zingiber officinalis) , Fresh Parsley (Carum petroselinum) , Fresh Coriander (Coriandrum sativum), Ground Turmeric (Curcuma longa) , Ground Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum) , Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus) , Ginger Oil (Zingiber officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides) , Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis) , *Benzyl Salicylate , *Eugenol ,*Geraniol , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Linalool , Fragrance



You can feel the scrubbiness of the almond shells when applying the mask to your skin.

After application, the mask feel cooling and refreshing on my skin despite having warmed up from the environmental temperature and my own body heat. In the description it says that "spices warm the skin" but it actually feels very cool! :O You can tell when it is drying on your skin by how it gets harder and tighter on the face.

I can't make out any notes in particular, but it does have a fresh scent. :}

You get a good exfoliation after applying and removing the mask, so that will help lift dead skin cells and brighten up a dull complexion.


My skin look wonderful after removing this!!  It wasn't blotchy, it wasn't reddened by any of the ingredients (super finicky skin here!), and it reflected light beautifully on my cheeks.  It also reflected light like CRAZY on my nose, and it made it super shiny for whatever reason.

It absorbed any and all oil on my face, and while my face feels dry and I'm not a huge fan of that, it isn't as dry as I would expected it to be, nor is it as bad as when you get that "squeaky clean" feeling from overly harsh cleansers.  A touch of moisturizer, and you are good to go!

My skin is definitely brighter, and this mask does exactly as it says it will do when it tells you it will remove oil and brighten the skin.  It didn't soften my face, but I can use moisturizer for that.  My face feels fresh and very clean.


(My phone always makes my skin look nicer than it is :/ it seems to add a fine blur and makes my skin look lighter, and hides my freckles/lines/splotches.  Aside from that though, Brazened Honey really really does make my skin look a looooot better!)

I quite like BH, and I will definitely get it again in the future. :D  It is one of my favourite face masks I have ever tried.  Not only that, but it lasted two years in my freezer, and still worked just as well as it had on the first day I tried it!  (I really need to use my face masks more :/ I keep forgetting that I have them!)  My skin didn't tingle much this time I used it; maybe the ingredients mellowed a bit in my freezer, or maybe my skin is just older now and it cares less?

Have you tried Brazened Honey?

Take care and have a wonderful day!

-Ash

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Interesting mask. I haven't tried it myself but its something for me to check out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a really good mask
    Happy Monday
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!! :D I quite like it!

      Delete
  3. Wow this definitely looks like it did a great thing for your skin! I will try this when I chance upon Lush again!

    Celly | Asian Beauty and Makeup Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you like it too!! It's one of my all-time favourite masks! :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D