Lush Aliens and Monsters FUN

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Good morning, dear readers! :D

Today I have a review of Lush's Aliens and Monsters FUN.  This is part of Lush's Halloween 2015 lineup.



I was very excited to try this out, as it shares its fragrance with the gorgeous Lord of Misrule bath bomb, which has been a favourite of mine for the past couple of years.

Scented with black pepper, patchouli and vanilla, this spicy-sweet combination is lovely.  I used to not be a fan of patchouli, but when I encounter it in Lush products it is so beautifully blended that I cannot help liking it I guess, because it doesn't stick out to me at all.  This is a sweet fragrance with some spice.

This FUN comes in three colours, which also match the bath bomb (it has a speckled green exterior and a wine-coloured interior).  It also has three adorable paper "eye" sets, so you can stick them on your "aliens and monsters" if you make some out of this product.



Retailing for $6.95 for 200 g, this can be used as a body wash, crumbled under running water for a bubble bath, used for hand soap, and it can also be used as shampoo but I think short hair might have an easier time than long hair.


"Where no bath has gone before:
Calling all bath-stronauts! A galaxy of bubbly fun awaits you. Make yourself a spaceship, a big dipper, or a super scary monster with this spicy black pepper and vanilla-scented Fun. Use it as a soap, shampoo, bubble bath or just for fun... the only limit is your imagination!" - Lush.ca
Here are the ingredients:

Cornstarch, Talc, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Black Pepper Oil, Patchouli Oil, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Gardenia Extract, *Limonene, Fragrance, Red 33, Blue 1. *occurs naturally in essential oils

So far I've used this as a hand wash, I tried to use it as a shampoo, and I gave it a go as a bubble bath.

After using it on my skin, my skin felt more soft and was lightly scented.  On my hair I found the size I used was not enough for all my hair, as it doesn't lather as much as shampoo would and so I just used regular shampoo along with it.  The piece I grabbed wasn't very big so it could be user error.

I also found that I would lather it up in my hands first then work it onto the hair as opposed to taking the piece and directly rubbing it, as it seemed like it would just squidge around a bit and might get entangled before thoroughly melting and I didn't want to take the chance of having bits of it stuck in there after rinsing.  If I try this again as shampoo I will update this post and write how it went.

I haven't quite used it as a body wash yet, because I feel like I would need a sizable amount to make it worth my time.  It doesn't lather as much as other soaps, so I don't know how good it would be with a loofah and directly rubbing on my skin would make the whole chunk I used start to melt, so be careful if you choose to do that.  I want to make this last a while so I don't want to take the chance of melting it hehe.

I used about 1/8 or 1/7 of my bar to make a bubble bath and it was nice.  I didn't agitate the water like I normally would with Lush products and I still had a good film of bubbles.  It wasn't copious amounts but it was still pleasant and the water was a rosey tinged (but that could also depend on which part of the bar you used, I'm guessing I used more of the purple parts than green).  The room was fragranced but not as much as it would be if I used a Lord of Misrule bath bomb (or even half of one), and I soon stopped noticing it.

Molding this wasn't easy. XD It was fun, but it isn't as easy to manipulate as something like polymer clay would be.  As I am more concerned about the soap aspects of this product, that doesn't take serious points away from this.  I don't think children (who I think the main FUN products are more aimed towards) really care about the fine details of sculpting materials (I know I wouldn't have when I was a kid!), and I think they would enjoy this regardless. :D  Come to think of it though, maybe keep an eye on your child if they are using this and are anything like me, because I ate both bath products AND playdough as a child because they either looked good or smelled good, or I shaped something into a pie and so it therefore must have BEEN pie (no, no it definitely wasn't; it was salty home-made playdough).  Alien's and Monsters FUN has a sweetness to it and could be appealing.

My sister and I decided to make monsters and aliens for this post and here's how they turned out:



Her predator is awesome!! :D I did the 1/2 Lord of Misrule bath bomb and the tentacle from Day of the Tentacle (super awesome computer game from the 1990's).  You can tell the artistic differences quite well in these photos. XD Seriously though, this stuff is very hard to make detailed work with, and she kicked butt at it! :D

Have you tried any of Lush's FUNs?  If so, please feel free to write about it below :D.  The only other one I've tried is their Golden FUN.

I am very glad that I got to try this, and I will keep using it and update this post if I notice more things about it.  I probably wouldn't buy it again, and instead go straight for the Lord of Misrule shower creme but that is personal preference.  I find this trickier to use than regular soap/shower gel/shampoo and the packaging frustrates me a bit (I'd prefer if it came in a pot instead of thin plastic that rips easily in my hands; I saw another blogger put theirs into a cleaned out Lush pot and I loved that idea and did the same).  I think that this is very decently priced for what you get, and the novelty factor of it is great!  However I generally prefer shower gels and will stick to that most of the time.

Have a lovely day!!

-Ash






You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Love how fun they are packaged!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a cute idea to have the different colors and the added eyes :D!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D I'll have to let my sister know :D!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D