Lush The Magic of Christmas Review

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Good morning dear readers!

Today I have a review of Lush's The Magic of Christmas bubble bar.  This was kindly sent to me for review.




This retails for $9.95 for 100 g..

According to Lush:

"Christmas Spice

Foam alone?  Stir up a whole lot of Christmas magic with this warming cinnamon stick.  It's packed with punchy cinnamon leaf and fair trade organic clove to warm up the skin while fast forwarding you straight into the festive season!  Treat Grinch-like moments by holding this spicy bubble  wand under running water and slipping into a blanket of hot, almond bubbles." - Lush.ca

I had really been hoping to try this!!  It looks wonderful, and the list of ingredients had me intrigued! What I didn't realize until smelling the product, was the almond!  It's mentioned in the description, but somehow I missed it and focused more on the cinnamon and clove.  The scent reminds me of marzipan, but it's not a bad marzipan.  I actually really like marzipan but some marzipan scented products I am not a fan of, but that's not the case with this.




Here is the list of ingredients:

Sodium Carbonate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate) , Glycerine , Lauryl Betaine , Fragrance , Almond Oil (Prunus Amygdalus Amara) , Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) , Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) , *Cinnamal , *Eugenol , *Limonene , Gold Glimmer and Tangerine Lustre (Synthetic Fluorphlogite, Silica, Iron Oxides, Yellow 6, Yellow 5) , Orange 4 , Yellow 10 , Star Anise (Illicium verum) , Fair Trade Organic Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) , Cinnamon Stick (Cinnamomum Zeylanicum) . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

I really really like how they made this product.  It looks so cute!


Shortly after placing it in the stream of water, the cloves popped out and fell into the bath.  So far the star anise is still planted in the middle.



 This is how much I have left over after that one bath.  I didn't keep the MOC under the running tap for the entire time I filled the bath as it would probably have completely dissolved and I wouldn't get another use out of it.  But you don't need to use the whole thing; it makes a lovely bath and will make at least 1 more (possibly 2) and the water was soft and the bubbles were plentiful.

I would suggest keeping the bubble bar on the stick and using the water itself to disperse it, as I broke off a chunk and crumbled it and it was really roughly textured.  Plus it's more fun swishing the wand or holding it under the running water :D.


(Close up of texture)



I did agitate the water with my hands as well as with a water jug (like I do with my other Lush bubble baths) but it will produce a nice amount of foam even without the added agitation.  


 The water took on an orange colour:



This made for a lovely bath!  The water felt very smooth and soft, like it does when I use other Lush bubble baths.

I can't say how much the product scents the skin, as I also used Santa's Belly shower jelly and then Salt and Peppermint Bark body scrub and my skin was fragranced with the scrub more afterwards.

The bath doesn't have an overwhelming fragrance.  It does waft through the air and I would catch whiffs of it in the bath, but it's not as strong as some of Lush's other bath products.

The almond scent was toned down significantly more when the product was being used than when I had first smelled it dry.  Other notes popped up when I was using it, with the cinnamon and clove and  I think maybe orange oil.  I didn't think it smelled strongly of orange oil, as another reviewer noticed, and I don't know how much I would have noticed if I hadn't heard it was in it.  While it definitely has orange oil in it, I think I noticed it more because the product is orange and I heard read about someone talking about noticing it.

The fragrances all blended together and made for a comforting soak.

I am very glad that I got to try this (this is one of the products I wanted to try most out of this line!!) and I do think it would make a lovely gift.  I think that despite it being called The Magic of Christmas, that it would be a perfect product for fall along with winter.

-Ash


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Nice review on it. It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment!! :D It was so adorable!

      Delete
  2. This is so cute and it sounds lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was!! Thank you so much for your comment!! :D (I accidentally replied below so if that "this comment has been removed by the author" thing is still there, that's why)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D