Saturday, December 12, 2015

Lush Santa's Belly Shower Jelly Review

Good morning, dear readers!

Today I have a review of Lush's Santa's Belly shower jelly, which was kindly sent to me for review.


According to Lush:

"Crisp apple jelly

This deep red jelly is full of Christmas magic. Star anise infusion, and fresh apple and grape juices are blended into the soft seaweed base to brighten and cleanse skin, and for their sweet, fruity scents. Biodegradable golden stars are sprinkled throughout for a dash of happiness. Keep the whole jar in the freezer, then bring it into a hot shower for a stimulating and refreshing apple-scented lather!" - lush.ca



This retails for $6.95 Can. for 100g. or $11.95 Can. for 240 g..


This smells tasty!  Like juice! (Fruity with a hint of not fruit (floral?) that gets more noticeable in the shower.) It is a lovely deep red colour, and the golden stars in it are such a cute and lovely addition (I'm so glad they added them!).

Here is the list of ingredients:

Glycerine , Star Anise Infusion (Illicium Verum) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Propylene Glycol , Fresh Apple Juice (Pyrus malus) , Red Grape Juice , Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus) , Fragrance , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Organic Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium Amara) , Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Golden Stars (Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, Propylene Glycol, Mica, Iron Oxide) , *Limonene , *Linalool , Lilial , Red 4 , Red 33 , Methylparaben , Propylparaben . *Occurs naturally in essential oils




This took a bit for me to figure out how to use it effectively.  I'm not as familiar with Lush shower jellies, as I've purchased Whoosh several times, Nightwing and Pines and Needles, but for other people.  I think I may have tried Whoosh once, but that was it.  I really like the idea of the shower jellies, and Christmas is my favourite time of the year, so a holiday inspired one makes me happy!


(I put the jelly on the container lid here)


I cut up the jelly into pieces and at first I didn't find the lather to be that great (with the first piece I used), but the second piece I smushed against the loofah was wonderfully lathery!  I'm thinking that maybe I didn't get a big enough piece the first time, or more than likely it fell out of the loofah before being completely dissolved.  I thought about that as I used the other pieces as it is squidgy, and slippery and I dropped the chunks I was using XD.  They don't dissolve super fast though, so I had more than enough time to pick the pieces back up and use them again before they could disintegrate.  It would be possible to have them slip down the drain though, so just be aware of that.

The bubbles are wonderful and I'm glad that the results from the first piece I use was user error and not the product itself, because then I would have been sad and I really wanted to like this.  Thankfully, I DO really like this!! :D

I really really like this product, and I think it is definitely worth the $6.95 + tax.  Despite the fact that it lathers so well it didn't dry out my skin.  I'm not sure exactly how soft this makes the skin or how long it scents it for (I can update this post later after using it again) as I was actually trying out another product afterwards that I will be reviewing later. :D

I kind of want to get another to stick in the freezer so I can take it out and use it later on in the year (I miss Christmas products when it's summer :().

I am very glad that I got to try this!  I want to collect more Lush shower jellies!

Have a wonderful day!

-Ash


3 comments:

  1. this is so cool,wish we has lush in india
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! So fun with those stars.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...