Lush Stardust Review

Friday, January 01, 2016

Good afternoon, dear readers!

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! :D

Today I have a review of Lush's Stardust bath bomb to share with you.  This was kindly sent for review, and while there were several reasons for me not to have this review up before Christmas, I'm glad that I am able to post it today.



According to Lush.ca:

"Star of wonder
Follow this star all the way to the bathroom; it will bear exotic gifts of fair trade Ugandan vanilla from the Mountains of the Moon and precious, intoxicating rosewood. A twinkly dip in its starlit waters gives a bergamot-powered boost to the mind and body - ideal for a little post-party recovery." - Lush.ca




Here is the list of ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate , Citric Acid , Fine Sea Salt , Corn Starch (Zea Mays) , Snowflake Lustre (Potassium Aluminium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide) , Titanium Dioxide , Fragrance , Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia) , Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeodora) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , Water (Aqua) , *Limonene , *Linalool , Blue 1 , Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose , PEG 400 , Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose , Iron Oxides , Ultramarines , Mica , Yellow 5 , Propylene Glycol , Yellow 6 , Red 40 . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

I expected this to be matte white when I first saw it online but it is shimmery white.


This made for a really lovely bath!!  The first scent I got was vanilla, then I noticed undertones of another fragrance, which may have been the mix of rosewood and bergamot.  I wouldn't have guessed it was bergamot, as the combination of scents melded together to make it more unrecognizable to me.

The colour of the bath was so lovely!!



At one point the bath bomb separated into two pieces and then they both dissolved.  It was a quick dissolving bath bomb, probably within 2 minutes it was gone.



The water reminded me of a lighter glacial lake, and the shimmery silver lustre was so beautiful!  I think it was more deeper in colour than shown here, it didn't show the colour as well as I would have liked in the photos.  Also there was some more blue that had settled at the bottom of the bath and it tinted the water more after I mixed it around.




What surprised me were the little stars that appeared after the bath bomb dissolved!  I really hadn't been expecting them, and they came in a range of colours.




My camera was having some problems where it kept going blurry, so I'm glad I was able to at least get these photos.

I scooped out some stars to take a photo to show the different colours of them I found, but because they dissolve they were blob shaped when I took the photo. XD

I really liked that some of them had lustre in them, and the light, icy blue stars were my favourite.  If you smeared them up against your skin they would leave some lustre there (but the weird thing is, it was oily and it wouldn't rub off in the bath just using my hands, so afterwards I towelled the lustre off and it rolled up into little pieces (either that or I rubbed too hard and rubbed off some skin by accident)).

There were also some tiny white balls that were floating in the water, but I was unable to get a photo of them.

The stars were scented as well, but I didn't get the initial vanilla fragrance I got with the entire bath bomb.


This was quite a lovely experience and I was so glad to be able to try this out!  Sadly my review was put up late and I don't know if these are in stock anymore (Lush has had their Christmas buy one get one free sale and the last time I checked the Canadian website, most of the Christmas stock was gone and I just checked the website again and it was sold out), but if you get the chance to pick one up and want to try it, I would definitely recommend it!  I think some store locations might still have some, but I would suggest calling first to make sure.  They retailed for $5.25 Cad. for 90 g..

Have a wonderful day and I hope that you have had a great holiday season and a wonderful start to 2016!

-Ashley

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. It looks like a nice bath bomb. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Happy New Year to you as well! :D (Sorry for my late reply!! D:)

      Delete
  2. Looks super cool! I make bath bombs myself, you should try it too!
    Happy New Year darling <3
    Pearl in Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and Happy New Year to you too!! Sorry for my late reply! You make your own bath bombs? That's fantastic!! :D

      Delete
  3. This is the most beautiful bath bomb i've seen! I love those stars!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D