Monday, July 10, 2017

Gorgeousness (Some Products I Really Want to Try!)

Good evening, dear readers! :D

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!

It's my Dad's birthday today and I wanted to give a shout out on my blog!  :D  Thank you Dad for being the best Dad ever!!!!!

My sister recently got me some makeup and I am so grateful!!  I haven't had a foundation in years (!) and she got me my first cosmetic sponge (beauty blending thingy but I like this one more, it's from Quo and it's purple!) one of Nyx's duochrome highlighters (Snow Rose.... EEEE!!) and a lovely blush that actually matches my skin tone (she is far better with makeup than I will ever be!).  I haven't worn much makeup in years as my energy levels are pretty low most of the time so I didn't do much to care for my appearance.  Depression and anxiety = ugh.

I still need to sort out my camera situation, so there won't be many reviews up just yet.  I need to get batteries for my old clunker, and my phone broke as I was waaaay too clumsy with it.  I still want to be able to post on my blog though, so here is a wishlist of sorts for interesting products that look really cool!

(I'm totally on a highlighter kick now after my sister got me the Nyx one.. it's soooo pretty!) :D  

I'm sure a lot of you are more than familiar with the products I'm about to mention, but they are pretty new to me and I'm looking forward to trying them out sometime (I got my eye on potentially a couple for the next couple months).  My sister introduced me to a lot of the products I'm going to mention and when I saw them, it was like O_O!! ❤

All the photos in this post are not my own and have a link beneath them (the titles) to the websites I found them on:



Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette $44.00 CAD

Wooo this looks gorgeous!!  While the product is not actually holo, I lurve iridescence (also the word itself is beautiful) and these look so lovely.  I also lurve that they can be used all over the face, and not just as a cheek highlighter (some products and formulated for one area of the face and not the other, like lip pigments that are not classified as safe for the eye area etc.). Also this packaging is gorgeous!  It doesn't show as well in this photo but on the other one at Sephora you can see how pretty it is.



MILK Makeup Holographic Stick in Supernova $34.00 CAD

AIEE this is so pretty too!!  Also not holo but the colour shift is this is gorgeous!  I also like that it's a cream and looks super easy to apply and again, that it's usable for the cheeks, eyes, and lips.



Urban Decay Vice Special Effects Long Lasting Water Resistant Lip Topcoat in White Lie $21.00 CAD

GOOD GRIEF could they have made a longer name! <.> It doesn't really roll off the tongue, that's for sure. Anyhoo, I've seen this tested on YouTube and it can look absolutely stunning over liquid lipsticks.  I'm assuming it's a has wet to dry lipstick finish (although I could be wrong) so I don't know how it would work over creamy, bullet-style lippies but I still want to try it out!

Lipstick Queen Lipstick in Ice Queen - $32.52 CAD


Woooooooooooeeee!!  A lipstick called Ice Queen??!?  Yes please!!  Plus it looks like a gorgeous topper and their description = eeee!!  ❤❤(I love winter I love space I love winter I love winter...)❤❤

-

"Get kissed by the moon and travel to intergalactic gorgeousness with Ice Queen, a shimmering white lipstick flecked with silver and gold that works like an illuminator for your lips. Whilst tinting your lips a sparkling and translucent snowy white, Ice Queen brings an ethereal beauty to your look and yet is still transparent enough to allow the natural pink of your lips to shine through.

Enhanced with ultra-flattering shimmer particles that catch the light to create an ice cool, sexy look, Ice Queen will leave your lips feeling sleek, magical and modern whilst anti-oxidant Vitamin E and nourishing oils will ensure they remain comfortable, soft and super-hydrated.
  • Sheer snowy white
  • Silver and gold shimmer particles act as an illuminator for the lips
  • Super hydrating and moisturizing"
*Whimsical sigh*

Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream in Unicorn Tears - $29.81 CAD
O_O That is so pretty!!  AND colour changing!! WHAAAT!

There are some others that are harder to get that are on my list but I don't know if they are available anymore (Sigma's Lip Switch and bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie in Hypnotist are a couple of them).  So pretty!

Have you tried any of these before?  Are you a fan of highlighters and if so, which ones?

Have a wonderful evening and hopefully I can get some reviews up here soon!

-Ash


4 comments:

  1. Great products you want to try out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! They look soooo pretty!! :D

      Delete
  2. These all look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the *mostly* iridescent-yness!! : D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...