Thursday, December 22, 2011

L'Oreal Owl's Night and China Glaze White Cap







Good morning, dear readers!

Today's post is about L'Oreal Owl's Night.  I just came upon this beauty earlier this week, and it was on a new stand with I think about 4 of these bottles, and 4 bottles of a lovely gold polish (which I would have wanted to scoop up but other than not having the money for it, it was waaay too yellow for my skin).  I may be wrong, but I think my pharmacy JUST got these in now, because I don't remember seeing this at all around the early fall.  Well, at least I got to grab one!! :D

This is a GORGEOUS polish, with a sort of blackened-brown base, with gold shimmer in it (I also see like a reddish orange as well).  Absolutely stunning.  I find it can have an almost greenish cast to it because of the combination of the glitter and base colours.  This is three thin coats.  I have to say though, did it ever take a looong time to dry!

As you can see in these photos, I have tip wear going on, as I have been wearing this polish for 3 or so days now.  Weird for me!! :O  This polish has a reputation for being very easy to chip and get tip wear, but to be honest I don't mind at all since I generally don't wear polish for more than a day or two anyway (this is the longest I've worn a manicure in a while!).  This was difficult to photograph nicely.  In the shots where there is no flash, you can barely see the shimmer and it looks almost black.  It looks much nicer than that in real life.  It looks like a dark brownish with lovely glimmer.

I decided that I wanted to bring out the shimmer more (because I love it! :D) so I added a coat of China Glaze White Cap, and something amazing happened!




Isn't that GORGEOUS??!!?  I LOVE this combination.  It looks absolutely amazing in real life.  YAAAY this makes me happy! ^-^  It's funny- the gold over top makes the polish look more green in these photos.  It looks a tad more green in real life too, but not as green.

I hope that this season isn't too hectic for everyone!  Have a wonderful day and take care.  :D

-Ashesela

9 comments:

  1. *drools*
    (I have nothing else to say:p)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Fingers: Thank you!! :D

    @ Emm: :D!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS LOVE IT oeps sorry lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your layering! I loved the color before I love it after. 3 days wow! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Polish and Charms: Thank you!! :D

    @ Shannara: :D I'm so glad hehehe!! ^-^

    @ Nail Reflections: Thank you so much!! :D Yeah, that is sooo long for me, hahah! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love White Cap! And it looks great over Owls Night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Lindsey R: I love White Cap too! Such a versatile and beautiful polish. Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...