Friday, December 30, 2011

New Years Nails

Good evening, dear readers!

I hope that you all are having a great Friday!  :D
I was going to be visiting someone dear to me today and tomorrow, but alas... I got sick.  :(  Very sick!  But at least I don't have bronchitis, so that is awesome (I rarely used to get sick but almost every time I did, it would turn into bronchitis).  Here's hoping that that won't happen! o.o;  My brain feels like it is in a bit of a fog, so if I ramble that may be why.

So, the manicure for today is: New Years! XD

I'm pretty proud of myself for getting ANY nail art done today, as I feel like a bag of poo.  >.<

To write the numbers I used some nail art polishes that I got for Christmas, and boy are they fun!  Seriously fun! :D  This was the first time I used these before (other than testing a few strokes out on my thumb on Christmas morning) and I am seriously impressed!







The first two photos show the more simple look, and the last two are more...um, "embellished" shall we say. :D

WOO GLITTER!! :D

I used China Glaze Blue Years Eve for the base, then Revlon Midnight Affair for the blackened tips.  I used the shimmer blue It's So Easy nail art polish for the numbers.  (When I think of the company name "It's So Easy" I start singing "happy go lucky!" from that Japanese YATTA! song XD)

I then added China Glaze Snow Globe, some loose bar glitter and then Rainbow in the S-Kylie to get some glitter going.  I went over the numbers in blue again, and then I used the white nail art polish (same company as the blue) to define them even more.

I have another New Year manicure, but I will wait until tomorrow to post pictures of it. :)

I think one of my first resolutions for the new year is to get better!!  How about yourselves?

Take care everyone!

-Ashesela

18 comments:

  1. These look really awesome! I love how the numbers look.
    Get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! This is so cute!!

    Feel better soon, sweetheart! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get better soon! Your mani is amazing! Love the blue...Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Allie-bee: Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate it! :D The numbers were so fun to draw, I was actually pretty surprised that I didn't muck them up, lol!!

    @ Jonochi: Thank you so very much for your kind words!! ^-^

    @ Polish and Charms: Thank you very much! :D

    @ drinkcitra: Aw, thank you so much!! :D Happy New Year!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice. x

    p.s. I'm having a giveaway from fox house if you'd like to check it out. :)
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you get a New Camera? Your getting awful flirty with those finger poses!! =)These ares so awesome by the way! I'm waiting for the morning sun to take pictures grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty manicure!!! Hope you feel better soon hon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ devorelebeaumonstre: Thank you!

    @ Nail Reflections: Hahaha, thank you so much!!! :D Same camera! ^-^ I hope that the sun comes out and you can get wonderful pictures of your manicure!! :D

    @ MariJo: Thank you so much! I hope so too :D!!

    @ Anita: Thank you very much! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that blue you used! Very pretty! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh! Being sick is yuck! Get well soon!

    This mani is gorgeous! I love the way you did your numbers! I cannot even get close what you have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ ScarsLikeLace: Thank you very, very much!! :D

    @ AllThatIsGorgeous: Thank you so much for your kind words! You aren't giving yourself enough credit; your nails are always so beautiful. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so fun and festive looking! I love that you mixed gold and silver! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Nail Designs xox: Aw thank you!!! :D ^-^

    @ ChromaCraze: Thank you so much! I hope you have a happy new year as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these! I love the royal blue base!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Jayne: Thank you!! :D Yeah, I love that colour too! ^-^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...