Thursday, December 08, 2011

Sephora by O.P.I Looks Like Rain, Dear







Good evening, dear readers!

I am back home now with my trusty light box (which actually isn't mine, I just use it :P) and am finally able to take nail photos again. Yipee!!! :D ^-^

I hope that this week has been going well for everyone. Mine has been pretty darn good! MUCH better than last week... ugh!

For today's swatch, I have one of the new polishes that I recently got: Sephora by O.P.I Looks Like Rain, Dear. If I am not mistaken, this polish was released around the 2010 holiday season. I remember wanting it last year, hehehe. I actually forgot all about this polish until I went to check out Sephora, and I was like "Woah! You are coming home with me!" Thankfully I had been able to afford it. YAY, new polish! ^-^

This polish looks like a light gold without too much yellow. Upon further inspection, it has a mix of yellow gold and silver particles in it, which when combined give a nice soft gold which I can wear with my skin tone. Very similar effect like in Orly's Luxe.

This polish also boasts plenty of sparkly, with the base as well as the holographic glitter scattered throughout. Application was a breeze, and the polish is decently pigmented.

In the pictures you can see that it has a rough texture, but that can be fixed with a few coats of top coat (I would suggest more than one).

Unless I am mistaken, I have a combination of top coat covered and not top coat covered pics.

THEN...




YAY!!! :D I also picked up a bottle of Sephora by O.P.I Spark-tacular, and then later I was fortunate enough to pick up Nicole by O.P.I Rainbow in the S-Kylie. I believe Spark-tacular was released earlier this year, and Rainbow was just released in the current Kardashian collection.

Now I am not a huge fan of buying products that are associated with celebrities (unless of course, the celebrities are AWESOME!!) and hence I never picked up that gorgeous blue from the Nicole Justin Bieber collection. However, Rainbow in the S-Kylie is a perfect dupe of Rainbow Connection from the O.P.I Muppets collection. Like, exact dupe! Since Warm and Fozzie and Rainbow Connection seem to be sold out the most where I looked, I thought this was pretty great!! :D

I layered one coat of Spark-tacular and then one coat of Rainbow in the S-Kylie, and over the gold I think it looks so glitzy glam glitter fantastic!!! :D Whee, so much fun!! :D

Okay, I'm really tired right now, lol. XD

Well, I will be back soon with more swatches to come, and I hope that everyone has a safe and fun Friday!

Until next time,

-Ashesela

9 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love layering glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold glitter is especially gorgeous!! Wonderful, wonderful color, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love golds and this one looks especially sparkly. and the glitters are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I tagged you for the Top 10 award. I will have a post on my blog for tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Polish and Charms: Thank you! Me too MUAHAHAH!! >:D

    @ ScarsLikeLace: Thank you very much, it is gorgeous, isn't it?? And super huge thank you for the Top 10 award!!! :D That means a lot to me! :D ^-^

    @ Parisa: I adore golds that I can wear! Really yellowy golds look so bad on me :'(.

    ReplyDelete
  6. either plain or with more sparkles , both looks amazing i love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ YoannitaL : I agree!! Such a fun polish to wear! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your in such a sparkly mood! That glitter Is so shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Nail Reflections: I know!! :D I don't know why, but lately my nails have been all about the sparkles! ^-^ So much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...