Friday, May 31, 2013

Color Club Wild Cactus and Girly Bits Cosmic Ocean

Good evening, dear readers!

Today I am wearing a lovely combination on my nails, using Color Club Wild Cactus and Girly Bits Cosmic Ocean.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my nails, so I randomly chose Wild Cactus, which is a stunning emerald green.  I wanted to spruce it up, and so I added three coats of Girly Bits Cosmic Ocean.  Cosmic Ocean is probably one of my favourite Girly Bits polishes, and it has an amazing colour shift from a deep rich blue to emerald green.  I have used this over purple and blue polishes in the past, but layering it over green is a first for me, and I think it turned out quite beautifully!! :D


Here it is with flash to show some of the shimmery goodness:


These two show a bit of the blue transition:



Omnomnom!



Unfortunately these photos do not do Cosmic Ocean justice.  It is so incredibly beautiful and shimmery!!  Huge love for it!! :D

What are your thoughts on this combination?

Have an amazing day! :D

-Ashesela

13 comments:

  1. Cosmic Ocean makes everything magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lindsey R: It really does!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, I love love love the combo, so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shimmery look!! :D I can never paint my nails a shimmery/pretty color the day before a test because then I get so distracted by my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look *amazing* together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic combination! I love how you get a sense that two polishes are at work here (like if you hadn't told us, I mean).

    Wee question, if I may...do you have any tips for helping keep three or more layers of polish on? I've often found that when I work with three or more, they all kind of want to peel off in one big layer once they're dry - especially after about 24 hours (even when I use a good base and the layers themselves are fairly thin). If you've encountered this, how to do you help combat it?

    Thanks, honey!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Julie: Thank you so very much!!! :D

    @ Hazelnut: Ahahah, I completely understand!!! :D It’s probably good that I don’t drive XD

    @ LittleMonsterx14: I am so glad you like them!! :D!

    @ Elizabeth: :D I am really glad you like them, Elizabeth!!! :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: Thank you!!! :D And it is not a weird question at all! First up it’s best to make sure that there are absolutely no natural oils on your nails (rubbing a bit of polish remover on them before painting them does the trick). Also, make sure that they aren’t wet. Some people find base coats can really help with adhesion, but I don’t use them. Other than that, I find it is really down to the specific brand/polish, and the type of formula it has. Some wear like steel, and others are just prone to peeling, unfortunately. >.< Maybe try a good base coat to see if that helps with your problem polishes? :D
    Sorry that I couldn’t be of more help >.<

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous polish combo - it's a bit like a glittery lizard sunning itself near a sparkling lake. So fun!

    Thank you very much for your detailed reply to my question on your last post, I really appreciate it. I've had mixed luck with base coats helping or further upping this problem. I've mostly been using drugstore bases, so I think I might invest in a bit pricy brand this summer and see if that makes much of a diff. I usually just wear a base and one or two coats (plus maybe a top coat), so it's not an overly common problem, but on those times when I do go for three or four layers, I find it happens fairly often.

    Thanks again, honey - and happy congrats on your new pool!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely beautiful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, how did I miss this one! It's a fantastic combo... Cosmic Ocean over anything is just magic! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh love this color!!! I need it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...