Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ash's Nail Tutorials 1 (New Series)

Good afternoon, lovelies!!

I decided that I would start a newer series of posts for my blog.  At least once a week I will try to make a tutorial for different nail art designs. :D
If there are any tutorials you would like for a certain design, just send a comment my way and I try to do what I can to make it happen. :)

Today is day 1 of Ash's Nail Tutorials, and the design we will be creating looks like this:


Here is the tutorial:

Step 1: Start with a fresh, clean nail (or a false nail, like I used above)

Step 2. Paint nail the desired base colour, adding as many layers as necessary to reach an opaque look.  (For this look I used China Glaze Velvet Bow)

Step 3. Spaced evenly apart and leaving a good amount of space in-between, add some large half-sphere beads all around the nail.

Step 4. Fill in the bare areas between the large beads with smaller half-sphere ones.  Leave a little bit of space between each bead.

Step 5. After adding a bit of sticky top coat to the top of the nail, start placing small beads (caviar-style) in a criss-cross pattern.  (You will periodically have to add fresh top coat to keep the area adhesive.)

Step 6. Add some top coat, and you are done! :D  (My top coat is a bit old and thick, so there are some bubbles)

As you can see, achieving a lovely nail art look can be really easy and fun!! :D

What do you think of my first (well, first in this series anyway! XD) nail tutorial?

Have an amazing day! :D

-Ashesela

21 comments:

  1. Great tutorial your pictures make it look so achievable!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you so much!! :D I am glad that you think so :D

      Delete
  2. I lived this nail art design.. Looking forward to your weekly nail art tutorial..
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!! :D

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tutorial! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, could you do a tutorial on water marble?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can try, but to be honest out of all the nail designs I have done, water marbling has never worked for me XD. I am so bad at it!! Haha
      Well I guess it is time for me to learn! :D Thank you for your suggestion!! :)

      Delete
    2. I've seen so many blogs that have a water marble post and I have wanted to try it but don't know how, thank you for replying! I always look forward to reading all of your posts, you are an awesome blogger

      Delete
  5. WOAH. You are crazy talented. Looks perfect!
    biffsquiggled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :'D Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate that! :D

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous design, I love your work! Those fake fingers never cease to freak me out though :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAhahaha!!! XD Sorry about that! XD
      Thank you so much! :D

      Delete
  7. Wowza that is really impressive!! Beautiful design!

    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, I think if I tried I would end up with tiny metal balls EVERYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I tend to do that too! XD Thank you! :D

      Delete
  9. This design is beautiful, Ash! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...