Ash's Nail Tutorials 2

Sunday, September 22, 2013


Good morning, lovelies!! :)

Today I have another nail art tutorial for you...


YAY Polka-dots!! :D

The inspiration came from the cover of the October 2013 Flare magazine:

(Please excuse the camera flash)

On the cover Kerry Washington is wearing a coat by Miu Miu, and I thought it would be fun to make a design that had similar elements.

So here we go! :D

(Click the image to make it larger)


1. Start with a clean nail :D

2.  Add your desired base colour until you reach opacity.

3.  Paint two intersecting lines, (one vertical and one horizontal) using black acrylic paint and a fine brush.  Make the vertical line a bit thicker than the horizontal one.

4.  Start adding dots!! :D  Use a fine tipped brush or a dotting tool (I use both in my designs), and make small dots out of black acrylic paint.

5.  The finished dots.

6.  Add some clear top coat, then put some rounded 'studs' onto the thicker line at even intervals.  (These type of studs.) You can pick up the studs and place them using a toothpick dipped in top coat (to make it sticky), or some wax pencils (like these).

7.  I wanted to add black studs for texture, but since I only had gold ones, I painted them with black acrylic paint.

8.  Add a few thin lines of yellow with a fine paint brush.  Add some top coat.

And there you go!! :D  All done! :}

I hope you have a wonderful day!! :D  If you have any ideas or suggestions for future tutorials, let me know below! :D

(P.S. I will get around to the water marbling, but it intimidates me so I am putting it off as long as I can XD)

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Very nice nail art, how creative are you, got inspired from a coat for nail art...
    Go for water marbeling doll i am sure you will do a really good job..
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, and for your encouragement!! :D Hahaha yeah, I am scared of water marbling LOL!!! XD

      Delete
  2. Hi, I just met your blog, and I like your style, the post I found great and your writing is enjoyable.

      I would like to follow each other? let me know.

    http://losviajesysibaritismosdeauroraboreal.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by!! :D I am following your blog now! :D

      Delete
  3. What a great tutorial! Thank you for sharing how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D It was my pleasure! :D

      Delete
  4. Love this! Looks a little like a fabulous Boba Fett! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I really like how detailed you were with translating the design, right down to the black buttons. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate that!! :D

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! :D I am following your blog now! :D

      Delete
  7. looks awesome!

    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tutorial! Love where you got the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D