Friday, September 23, 2016

Yankee Candle Pink Sands

Good really early morning, dear readers!

YAY it's finally fall/autumn!!! :D  Ah I am so, SO so glad and excited for that.

Today I have a review of Yankee Candle Pink Sands.

Pink Sands™
(Not my image, image taken from here.)

This is totally not what I would ever consider a fall fragrance, but I want to review it and it's fall so this post is happening.

When I was last at Yankee Candle I had a coupon for buy one get one, and I knew one specific candle that I wanted to get, but was unsure of the other.  The lady who had been working at the cash was really helpful and suggested several to go with my preferences.  Unfortunately I didn't have much time to choose as my parents were waiting to pick me up from the mall and I had only a few minutes before I was going to meet them, so I grabbed this one after the sales lady suggested it and then promptly left the store (after buying it first, of course!).

She said that this was their best seller, and I can see why.  It has a light melon-y fragrance that isn't overbearing, and it actually reminds me of some Bonne Bell watermelon lip gloss I brought with me when I went to see Titanic in theatres (wooo that was a looong time ago!).  It seems like it would be a widely appealing fragrance, especially for summer (although spring would work too!).

According to Yankee Candle, Pink Sands is:
"an exotic island escape in the beautiful mix of bright citrus, sweet florals and spicy vanilla."



There is an underlying tone of something else (I think the spicy vanilla) but I get almost exactly a fake watermelon fragrance (in a nice way).  I don't really notice the florals or citrus and the scent description is actually a bit surprising to me.  Also I find that the vanilla isn't very noticeable.

It actually reminds me a bit of Bath and Body Works Fresh Sparkling Snow from 2015, which I find also has a fake melon scent, although it is different.  Sparkling Snow is a wonderful scent, but I don't find it wintery at all (melons in the winter?).

Like probably most of their fragrances (that aren't limited edition) this is available in jar candles, votives, tumblers, fragrance spheres, fragrance oils, wax tarts...

Also may I bring attention to the lovely look of this candle?  The pink goes so well with the gorgeous photo and I REALLY HOPE THEY DON'T SWITCH ALL THEIR JAR CANDLES TO THE NEW LABELS AHH.  Had to mention that if I haven't already.  I'm really not a fan of the new label look on the jars.

Anyway, I do recommend giving this one a sniff if you are in the market for a light to medium fresh fruity fragrance.

Have a lovely day!

-Ash

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I do like it : D I've just about always been a fan of fake watermellony goodness!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. If you are ever in the market for a Yankee Candle and like fake watermellon (it sounds almost bad when I write it that way but it actually smells really nice) then I'd suggest giving this one a sniff. The lady at the store I got it from told me it was a bestseller and normally I would have overlooked it, but it's nice! And I do really like the art on it! ^_^

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...