Thursday, October 13, 2016

David's Tea Alpine Punch Review

Good really early morning, dear readers!

Today I have a review of another delicious beverage: David's Tea Alpine Punch.

Alpine Punch
(Not my image, this is from here.)

I really wanted to get this because of the name and the marketing, but also because of the ingredients.

I love the idea of a cozy mug of tea (or tisane/coffee/hot chocolate) inside on a cold autumn or winter day, wearing fluffy socks and just relaxing and enjoying life.  That's what comes to mind when I think of this tisane, and Alpine Punch makes me think things like snow capped peaks at dusk while sitting inside and spending time with those I love most.

This tea actually reminds me a bit of the vanilla chamomile tea I used to drink (although I don't think there is any chamomile in this at all). This is perfect for relaxing inside with a book on a stormy evening or grey rainy day.



Here is the description from the website:

big product image
(Not my image, it's used on the Alpine Punch page on the DT website.  I had to share it, it's lovely!)



"mountain hospitality

This is the kind of tea we imagine they serve in fabulous ski chalets in the Swiss Alps. With apple, cinnamon, ginger and the heady scent of almonds, it’s warm, comforting and totally decadent. What better to sip after a long day of skiing, sledding and snowball fights? Just cozy up in front of the fire and warm up with this sweet, fortifying brew. And if a little splash of brandy makes it in there too, all the better." - davidstea.com

The description and name are definitely influencing why I associate this tisane with winter! :D  The flavour also lives up to the expectation of a cozy winter drink, and I'm really glad about that.

The ingredients are:
Rooibos, coconut chips (coconut, coconut fat, sugar), coconut rasps, apple, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almonds, natural and artificial almond cream flavouring.

This has a very heavy almond-y scent when you open up the tin, but I find it actually doesn't have an overwhelming almond note to it when it's prepared (at least now how I prepared it).  I actually have some trouble discerning the notes in this as I don't find one more prominent than another, and if I had to guess what was in this without knowing first I would probably have a hard time of it.  I've never had red rooibos by itself before, so I can't tell which flavour I am getting that comes from the rooibos.



It does have a spicyness to it but it's a more mild spice than a strong one.  It's a really well balanced and pleasant tisane.  I can't pick out the notes very well in this but I do know that it's probably one of my favourite tisanes now :D.

Right now it's out of stock on the website, and that makes me a bit nervous as I hope that doesn't mean this is being discontinued now.
It retailed online for $7.98 CAD per 50 grams.  Hmm, it seems the tea bags are still available, with one box being $10 CAD (12 satchets in the box).



I also love that this has no caffeine in it, so I can drink it with no problems. WOO!


If you are a fan of tisanes and the ingredients in this one then I definitely would recommend giving it a try.  I haven't tried it re-steeped yet so I  cannot say how many steeps a serving is good for, but if you do try it and re-steep it please feel free to write about your experience below! :D


I used about 2.5-3 tsp of the dry mix here and steeped it for about 7 minutes.


Have a wonderful morning!

-Ash

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It tastes really good and I find it to be very relaxing :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's definitely one of my favourites!! :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...