Late Lush Reviews

Saturday, November 05, 2016


Good morning, dear readers! :D

Recently I was looking through my Lush review posts and realized that some were missing.  Turns out I didn't finish or post several of them from within the past 3 or so years.  So, I took most of them and put them into this post.  Most of these I didn't finish writing at the time so I'm going on also my hazy memory of what I thought about the products at the time of my using them.

Here is one for Snowcake that I was writing on 24/10/2013:

Today I have a review of Lush's Snowcake soap.


Here is Lush's description:

"CREAMY MARZIPAN CONFECTION

Our classic holiday soap is back once again; how could we live through winter without it?! This soft, creamy soap is made with soothing rose and benzoin resinoid (known for its sweet vanilla ice-cream essence) making it wonderfully soothing on dry, winter skin. The almond icing and marzipan fragrance is just what you need during the season of sweet indulgences - it smells good enough to eat! Lather up with our creamy Snowcake and you'll see why it has become a LUSH Christmas cult classic."

To be completely honest, I do not find that this smells like marzipan.  I actually really like marzipan now, even though I quite disliked it as a kid.  However, this is veeery strongly almond-y, but not a 'pure' almond scent.  I think it may be because of the added rose and cassia absolutes that they add to it.  (Added: I really wanted to like this as the name, look and sound of it is wonderful, but I just couldn't like the scent.  I'm guessing this was probably close to Alkmaar in terms of consistency and frothing.)

Here are the ingredients:

Water (Aqua) , Propylene Glycol , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) , Fragrance , Sodium Stearate ,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Sodium Hydroxide , Titanium Dioxide ,Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax benzoin) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Cassie Absolute (Acacia farnesiana) , Sodium Chloride , Glycerine , EDTA , Tetrasodium Editronate , Benzyl Benzoate , Potassium Silicate , Iron Oxides , Iron Hydroxide

That's pretty much all of the review that I had of this, I didn't end up wanting to use it because I actually really disliked the scent.

And here is another old Lush review that I hadn't finished or posted.  This one was also from 24/10/2013.  I don't have photos of the product in action, but I don't think it looked as lovely as other Lush bath bombs.  This review won't be as in-depth as my usual Lush reviews as I did use this product about three years ago.

Good morning, dear readers! :D

Today I have a review of one of Lush's Christmas-time favourites: Cinders bath bomb!



As this is my first Lush Christmas (eeee so exciting!!! :D), I was extremely happy to get my hands on one of these delightful bath bombs!  Ever since I heard about it earlier this year, I had been quite eager to give it a try. :}

Here is Lush's description:

"WARMING CINNAMON CRACKLER

Heat up your holidays with this sweet and spicy bomb inspired by fireside gatherings with family and friends. We combine crackling vegan candies with stimulating cinnamon leaf oil to recreate the warmth of the hearth. This spicy soak also has hydrating almond oil to keep your skin super soft and smooth. With a bathtub so inviting, you can skip the open fire and curl up with this fizzer instead."
I love that they added popping candy to make it sound like a crackling fire! :D



Here are the ingredients:

Sodium Bicarbonate , Citric Acid , Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) , Popping Candy (Isomalt, Lycasin, Carbon Dioxide) ,Fragrance , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , Almond Essential Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) ,Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) , *Cinnamal ,*Eugenol , *Limonene , FD&C Red No. 4


Continuation in 2016: While I don't have any more photos of this, I remember that I was actually kind of disappointed in this.  There was barely any crackling and I don't think the fragrance was that strong (plus its yellow so I don't think that the water turned any lovely colours).  I might give this another try one day (if anything for the sake of photos and a more in depth review) but while it sounded really cool, the one I tried didn't work out the best.

Here's another review, this time for Heavanilli:

Good morning dear readers!

Today I am being nostalgic, and reviewing the discontinued Lush massage bar Heavanilli.

Heavanilli was the first Lush product that I ever bought years ago, and this is that same one.  As it was discontinued, I am afraid to use it all up so I bring it out sparingly.


This shares the same fragrance as Vanillary perfume.  Vanillary perfume is made with vanilla, tonka bean, jasmine and sandalwood, so you can see how it would be a very warm and inviting scent. Lush's Vanilla Fountain bath bomb shared the same scent, but it has been discontinued as well (before I ever got to try it! Harrumpf!).

Like all of the Lush massage bars that I have tried, this one melts easily and leaves a layer of moisturizing oils on your skin for you to rub in.  It has a great amount of fragrance in it, and you can use it for perfume (not as strong as perfume, but strong enough to definitely detect it).

It makes me a little sad that they got rid of this :(.  I hope that it makes a return someday, so I can grab more! :D

Lush doesn't have this on their website anymore, so I found a list of ingredients at makeupalley.com:

Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Perfume, Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Tonka Absolute (Dipteryx odorata), *Coumarin, Hydroxycitronellal, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Colour 73360}

Did you ever try Heavanilli?  (This review was written on 27/05/2015.)  Added info: I actually hoarded this so much that I barely used it and am now throwing it out since it's over three years old! Moral of the story: don't be too afraid to use products that you really enjoy for fear of running out.  There are so many wonderful things out there and you could find another favourite!  Also, when it comes to perishable products (like this one!) at least you'd be enjoying it before it goes bad.  I ended up wasting mine because I didn't want to waste it.

I changed a bit of the words in the post from the review/s from before, but yeah I wasn't really happy with some of these.  Heavanilli was quite nice though!  And, it was still nice to try the others! :D

Have a great day!

-Ashley

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It's nice to hear your thoughts on each one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all sound so nice, they make me want to try out Lush!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D